Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of custom installers needed for cabling new build

Options
  • 27-03-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

My parents are in the process of building a house. They have asked me to organise the AV for the entire house. When I agreed, approx 2 years ago, AV was a hobby of mine and I was quite excited about this project. However, my circumstances have changed and I don’t have much interest or time for a project as big as this. To cut a long story short, the house is built and now the attention turns to the interior. The plasterboards are next to go up but now is the time to get all the cabling done, before the plasterboards go in. So, I need to get a few quotes for the cabling and cabling diagram. There will be audio in most if not all the rooms inc balconies and patio and video (HDMI + Sky) in quite a few rooms. Add this to the in ceiling projector and screen they would eventually like to have in the main room, it’s quite a complex project and far beyond my knowledge. All cabling will go back to a central comms rack in the utility room. So, I need to get some custom installers/companies contact details. I’m aware of mediacentric and System Video. I don’t want to get tied down to any system i.e. Crestron or AMX etc. I want cabling to be as generic and future proofed as possible. Maybe Cat 6 to all rooms? Would also like the cabling to carry IP traffic but I don’t think you can mix IP with AV traffic. Anyway, any advice would be most welcome. The new house is in South County Meath near Ratoath and Ashbourne.

Comments

Advertisement