Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Abbans AC m3 Women's Mini Marathon Monavea, Co Laois, May 8th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lainey W

Completely agree - great club hosting it (if I lived nearer, I would join) and great women's event. Ran the M3 last year for the first time and looking forward to the challenge again this year. Only race I know that has about 3k downhill to the finish line which is a great relief from the uphill challenge earlier on!
    Definately one to add to your event calendar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

why 7km , seems like a bit of a gammy distance to pick , why not 8km ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lainey W

Why not indeed. Would need to ask someone from the club but it takes in a very picturesque 7k loop. Perhaps it was intended to be a stepping stone for those building up from 5k and 10k or maybe someone up to a bit of devilment picking an odd number so we would all ask why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 STAAC

There's a couple of reasons why the mini marathon is 7km:
    • The road loop around St Abban's AC in Laois is 7km and very picturesque
    • It's a safe route for participants with very little motorists on 80% of the route.
    • We decided to start and finish the race at St Abban's Sports Complex to accommodate participants for registration, number and goodie bag pickup, parking and changing facilities and also for after race refreshments in the clubhouse.
    Great race for preparing for the Flora Women's Mini Marathon in June!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KKvLS

I've ran the M3 mini marathon the last 3 yrs and I have to say it's a lovely course! Very well organised with lots of water stations along the route, which if you're like me you really appreciate when you running.! :) Plus... they give out spot prizes to random number finishers on the day...two years ago I got a lovely glassware set! Can't wait for this years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bo jangles

Fun starts with the group warm up! Always gets good weather too! :)

Advertisement