Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Irish ??

Options
  • 27-03-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Ill be doing the leaving cert in 2012 and with the new syllabus our teacher has me, and everyone else in our class very confused. :confused:
    there are 5 poems we have to do
    1 Geibheann
    2 Colscaradh
    3 Mo ghra sa
    4 An spailpin fanach
    5 An tEarrach Thiar

Yet all weve done is copy down pages into our notes, with no real structure, im wondering what exactly i have to learn for these poems :eek:

weve also done the prós
    Hurlamaboc
    An Gnáthrud
    and caca milis (eww by the way,haha)

and its the same as with the pros! :O

If anybody has any organised notes could u please please PM me as i havent a clue and im really starting to worry as in order to get the course i want ill need to pass higher irish! I would really appreciate any help !:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 philip___

count yourself lucky you've done anything! My teacher barely has done anything with us :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Ill be doing the leaving cert in 2012 and with the new syllabus our teacher has me, and everyone else in our class very confused. :confused:
    there are 5 poems we have to do
    1 Geibheann
    2 Colscaradh
    3 Mo ghra sa
    4 An spailpin fanach
    5 An tEarrach Thiar

Yet all weve done is copy down pages into our notes, with no real structure, im wondering what exactly i have to learn for these poems :eek:

weve also done the prós
    Hurlamaboc
    An Gnáthrud
    and caca milis (eww by the way,haha)

and its the same as with the pros! :O

If anybody has any organised notes could u please please PM me as i havent a clue and im really starting to worry as in order to get the course i want ill need to pass higher irish! I would really appreciate any help !:)

You will get a question on one or two aspects of the poem (codarsnacht or teamai generally or irony) and then you write a page about them. You're doing really well in terms of getting stuff covered though, unlike my own class :(
    Maybe ask her how you should study for the Summer tests in terms of poems and prose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

We have done like 7 poems :eek:.. So we only have to do 5?. All shes done is translate what's in the book. She doesn't give us any notes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

We have done like 7 poems :eek:.. So we only have to do 5?. All shes done is translate what's in the book. She doesn't give us any notes :(

5 poems + novel/play or 10 poems
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

This is my teacher's understanding of teaching as well, which is really irritating because most of Fuintas is the same thing said over and over and over.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

We have done the play as our pros,we need to do two more poems,finished all oral cept the pics,so i think we are on track.My teacher is class too which helps

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Same as, class teacher. We're only do the 5 and prós option, you do that or 5 and an additional 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GCCsiog

You will get a question on one or two aspects of the poem (codarsnacht or teamai generally or irony) and then you write a page about them. You're doing really well in terms of getting stuff covered though, unlike my own class :(
    Maybe ask her how you should study for the Summer tests in terms of poems and prose?
    You need to concentrate on Téamaí agus Mothúcáin in poems and know the content and message of the Prós stories. Know characters and the part they play in story and the characteristics of them. Know also if there is a message to be learned from the story. Sometimes the Titles of poems and Prós is important as in 'Mo ghrá-sa' (idir lúibiní), the title here sends a message to the reader that the poet is realistic about 'her love'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ruthintootin

im repeating and my teacher has already done all the poems and given us questions to do but i dont have any notes apart from the ones in the book.....does anyone have any decent well layed out notes on the poems and/or pros!??
    pm me if you can help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In the sample papers the questions are more specific for poetry, asks you to list things under headings which include imagery, the poet and how the poem affected you so I'd say you'd want to be prepared for that too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement