Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu-ray player advice.

Options
  • 27-03-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi just wondering if anyone could explain in layman terms :confused: which one of these Blu ray players would be the better buy, the Sony BDPS760B.CEK Blu-ray Disc Player with Wireless LAN or Sony BDP-S570 3D Blu-ray Disc™ Player with Wi-Fi.
    They are roughly around the same price at the moment. Not to bothered about the 3D side of things as I don’t have a 3D TV and probably won’t be getting one for some considerable time.

Or is there better Blu ray players available for the €150 - €200 mark

Any help would be appreciated.

Amber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

I have the 570. Excellent player of discs and media files. You really need to use a usb hard drive or burn to discs to watch any media files such as mkvs. Although it is DLNA compliant, the player will only support a few file formats through the wired or wireless network.

The picture quality is superb. The unit is not very noisey. You will not be able to use the BBC iPlayer (unless you use a UK proxy or a VPN).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 amber101

Hi Mister Gooey

Thanks for your reply. I have decided to go for the 570.

Regards,

Amber

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

I have the 550 at the moment and am awaiting the 580 which will be released early May. I want it for 3D and the wireless capability.

Advertisement