Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application form

Options
  • 27-03-2011 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, Myself and my wife will be applying for a mortgage within the next few months, we will have saved consistantly for 50 weeks and will have approx 20k, no outstanding debts.
    I work and we are on an income of €46,300.
    We have 4 children.
    Can anyone tell me, will the banks lend us less money because we have 4 kids?
    Would the banks be able to check that we have children?

Any info on this would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Yes they will lend you less because you have four children. I know-I have four myself.
    Probably the only way they could find out how many children you have is if your child benefit is credited to your bank account every month.
    Mind you as far as I remember they do ask you to sign that all the information you have supplied is true and accurate.
    Well done on saving all that money by the way! You must be very disciplined. I have four kids as I said-two in college and I have nowhere near that amount saved. Or probably ever will for years yet!

PS.They'll want bank statements for at least 6 months prior to your mortgage application.

Advertisement