Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History predictions

Options
  • 27-03-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Ok for HL history what topics are people focusing on the exam in june? Im looking to narrow down what essays etc to learn? Only took up HL history recently so cant fit everything in within two months and panicing a bit.....heeeelllllllp:( any information would be much appreciated:D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jesus wept.:eek:

Learn the events that happened along with the general trends that were happening in the world/country at the time and then you are in a position to answer any question that comes up.

Whatever school let you take up History with less than six months to go to the exam should be shut down.

Have you your research essay done?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mozzypuffs

know your case studys really well!
    irish History:
    Anglo irish treaty
    Sinn fein
    Cumann na gaedheal : Law and Order, economy
    Fianna Fail : Law and Order , economy
    Northern Ireland during ww2
    compare and contrast north and south during ww2

European:
    Lenin & Stalin
    Mussolini (everything)
    Hitler (Everything) + foreign Policy
    Britain including jarrow march
    France

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Have you your research essay done?[/QUOTE]

Have you your research essay done?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replys:)

Doing the research topic at the moment, did the leaving a few years back but was young and immature so didnt get great results. Repeating it now for points over a 1 year course so they only over OL over 1 year, so doing HL myself

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

There will always be a case study coming up, a 33.3% possibility at least so very useful to learn them. Also for european studies, learn church state relations and anglo-american culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

mozzypuffs wrote: »
    know your case studys really well!
    irish History:
    Anglo irish treaty
    Sinn fein
    Cumann na gaedheal : Law and Order, economy
    Fianna Fail : Law and Order , economy
    Northern Ireland during ww2
    compare and contrast north and south during ww2

European:
    Lenin & Stalin
    Mussolini (everything)
    Hitler (Everything) + foreign Policy
    Britain including jarrow march
    France

Please read what the OP said he wants it narrowed down you've just stated what's on the course without giving any kind of help as to what you're specifically focusing on. Doing all that in 2 months is NOT possible. At this stage I'd go with the following at the least:

Europe:
    Stalin - industrialisation. collectivisation and how he used the SHOW TRIALS to consolidate power in the totalitarian state...
    Hitler - Antisemitism, Foreign Policy, Perhaps socio economic conditions contributing to growth of Fascist regimes (along with Mussolini) and NAZI USE OF MASS MEDIA AND STATE CONTROL AS A MEANS OF PROPAGANDA
    Technology of warfare essay also could come in handy

America:
    I'd go with Vietnam (involvement, escalation and withdrawal) and the Montgomery Bus Boycott in the context of the CRM as a whole. Add in maybe the counter culture or the moon landing and you're sorted.

Document:
    I think it's going to be Coleraine so the likely question is "Why was the decision to locate a university at Coleraine a cause of controversy during the 1960's?"

Ireland:
    Eucharistic Congress could be a good one to bet on.
    Economic policies of CnaG and FF and naturally the treaty also...

Hope that's a little more concise. Still a mountain of work to do there :( Cannot wait till this is over... GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

One guaranteed prediction is that I won't get the bastern finished :mad:

I like the subject but I really regret picking it tbh. For the things I do get done, I'm an A-ish student, but I physically cannot complete the frickin thing. I just can't write quick enough, and my whole result comes down as a result :(

Thanks for that, really appreciate it! Just got the pree back today..Got 57% with hardly any work so hopefully I can only bring that result up!!

Advertisement