Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing Accommodation for the Summer

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi, i have a large 2 bedroom apartment in Dublin City Centre. my girlfriend uses the second bedroom as her study space during the college year. This summer we want to try rent out the room from May to September to someone coming to Dublin for the summer to work or study, or to a young professional already in Ireland. Then in September restore the room back to being a study.

I have been looking on Draft.ie but it's not ideal for attracting foreign people thinking of coming to Dublin for the summer.

Any one know any sites that could help me specifically find short term renters like summer students or have any tips?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

This kind of situation would suit a lot of people: students on summer internships, young people wanting to live in an english speaking country short term to improve their english, people moving to Dublin who want somewhere short term until they get their bearings before looking for more long term accommodation...

Daft is probably the best place to advertise. Just make it clear in your ad that the room is available for this limited time span only. If you price it competitively you should have you pick of tenants. Since its only short term (3/4 months) it may be easier for all involved to charge a price for rent that is inclusive of bills?

Advertisement