Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venn diagrams in word for mac

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

I want to do a venn diagram with 3 coverlapping circles

I can do this fairly easily in word and I can enter text in each of the circles no problem

but the purpose of a venn diagram is to illustrate overlapping data, data that is common in two or more of the circles.

I cant figure out how to or find out if it is possible to do this. I want things that are common to say two of the three headings to be displayed in the overlapping part of the circles.

anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

You want word to actually calculate the overlapping items and insert them in the intersection?

I am fairly sure word cant calculate stuff like that. Excel should be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

You want word to actually calculate the overlapping items and insert them in the intersection?

Well i thought it would do this but I have realised it won't so I would be happy if there was a way to simply input them into the diagram myself

Obviously I can draw the venn diagram myself in another programme and import it as a photo but it would be far more convenient if i could use their automatic venn diagrams as they fit in nicely with the template

I tried to do the diagram in excel as well but as far as i can see the functionality of the smart art in excel is exactly the same as it is in word so it wont let me input the text into the overlapping areas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

PeakOutput wrote: »
    I tried to do the diagram in excel as well but as far as i can see the functionality of the smart art in excel is exactly the same as it is in word so it wont let me input the text into the overlapping areas

Use a text box. Float it over the overlap.

Advertisement