Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java uploader problem

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've recently started using a sales website which uses java uploader and i'm not at all happy with the picture quality. The upload process goes ok just the photos when they appear in my ads look like they were taken with a 2mp camera phone as opposed to my iphone 4. I'm just dragging selected pictures from my iphoto library to the upload box. Should i be selecting specific jpeg files instead or is there perhaps a software program or app that i maybe need to get? I've googled a few but i'm a newbie to mac so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    I searched this forum for java upload posts/threads but got an error message so sorry if this has been covered already

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hmm. Its possibly iPhoto is passing it the thumbnail version of the image rather than the original.

Open your Pictures folder, and right click on the iPhoto Library and Show Package Contents. In there you will find a folder called Originals, browse and find your photos there and drag those files into the uploader.

Other than that, do you still have the originals on the phone in the Camera Roll to try reimporting them to a folder using Image Capture?

Failing that, its possible again that the uploader is re-compressing the images before sending them up, causing the loss in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Thats done the trick. Bit of a roundabout solution but then some of these windows sites:rolleyes:
    Thanks for your help and the speedy reply

Advertisement