Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the race: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options
  • 27-03-2011 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Exactly what it says in the title. Pick the driver who impressed you the most in today's race

Who was your driver of the day? 54 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    3%
    MenaRayM 2 votes
    Lewis Hamilton
    0%
    Jenson Button
    1%
    wal100 1 vote
    Fernando Alonso
    1%
    Top Dog 1 vote
    Felipe Massa
    1%
    brownacid 1 vote
    Michael Schumacher
    1%
    Eau Rouge 1 vote
    Nico Rosberg
    1%
    AIR-AUSSIE 1 vote
    Nick Heidfeld
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    62%
    Dont be at yourselfSlutmonkey57bKershandyman[Deleted User]TrampasBeekayBobby04dor83recyclebinVegetadeadblokesmellslikeshoesIckle MagooFrank Bullittlord lucanjohnnysmackblackdog2EvilMonkeyGhost Train 34 votes
    Pastor Maldonado
    0%
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    0%
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Sergio Perez
    0%
    Sebastian Buemi
    22%
    DcullyvectradinjoamacachiCookie_MonsterScrubsfanChriskeithohSparks43DOC09UNAMlosthorizonShay Vaderproulx 12 votes
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Heikki Kovalainen
    0%
    Jarno Truli
    0%
    Narain Karthikeyan
    0%
    Tonio Liuzzi
    1%
    ratedR 1 vote
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome D'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Petrov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Rubens Barrichello
    petrov kept out of trouble and stopped Alonso getting to the podium

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Sebastian Buemi
    Sergio Perez on only one stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Rubens Barrichello
    Poll has now been added. Petrov for me, thought it was a very impressive race from him. Perez had a great race and in fairness to him Hamilton was very good to keep pace with Vettel throughout the race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sebastian Buemi
    Has to be Petrov or Perez, couple of outstanding drives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Mark Webber
    Vettel, for his sheer dominance (and without KERS too). I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Fernando Alonso
    I'm going to go with Button. Ok, not giving the place back to Massa early on was a mistake - but he fought back nicely gaining places and overtaking, something a lot of the other drivers never had to worry themselves about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Sebastian Buemi
    Perez - And I think he shows up why Renault where wrong to go with not so quick Nick when there is so much talent in GP2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Rubens Barrichello
    Petrov. Without doubt. Drove a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Rubens Barrichello
    Petrov followed by Perez.

Kubica's accident could be the best thing that could have happened for Petrov as he won't be the number two driver and will probably get alot more points than Heidfeld if today was anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Rubens Barrichello
    Petrov for me. I didn't rate him last year at all but Kubica missing could be his time to shine. I don't rate Heidfeld at all and think Petrov may bury him. But its early yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Rubens Barrichello
    Perez was a stunning debut, but I'm giving to Petrov on the basis that all during the winter people wrote the guy off as a no-hope pay driver and crash machine.

He had one opportunity for a flying lap in Q3 and put in on 6th. Then made an excellent start, kept his head in the chaos and stood his ground, and went on to drive a faultless race.

Petrov was the only genuine rookie the sport has seen in years - no history of karting, no progression up the single seater ranks, no experience in open wheelers, and he still did better than Grosjean did. Yes he had bad races, put it in the wall, made mistakes, but he was genuinely learning on the steepest curve you can get. Compare that with Sutil - 5 years on the grid and he still can't be trusted to keep the car in a straight line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Rubens Barrichello
    Who voted for Schumi??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Rubens Barrichello
    Petrov for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Rubens Barrichello
    Petrov for me, He drove one hell of a race and he kept Alonso off the podium :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

toss up between perez and petrov, probably perez but the banned year wing shennagins are minus points, but still it was a cracking rookie drive to finish in the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Perez yup. what petrov kept very fast car on a track :rolleyes:

Advertisement