Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on Hyundai Accent's?

Options
  • 26-03-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

What do you good folks know about these cars? Its a 1.3 gs with a dodgy clutch. Any help, thanks:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

What year, mileage etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What year. The older ones were good but the newer ones are horrible yokes. Much better out there IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You buying or keeping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

They don't hold their value...had a 01 about 3 years ago. Grand car to drive but got screwed over when I was selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

cheap to run, cheap looking, cheap feeling, cheap on fuel/ tax/ service parts, cheapy cheap.

but that said, they are surprisingly very reliable with no major faults. fix the clutch and keep driving :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pARTner81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Looks good to me

Cheap as chip motoring and don't expect any fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nearly a years test, if you get a clutch on the cheap and it's ok otherwise it's good bangernomics. They are decent cars if you don't care about how it drives/safety. And most people don't.

One more question so. Are the online car checks worth it for history etc??

THe ole lad has a 99 one from new, window reg, thermostat, reversing switch and battery are all its needed aside from oil, filters, plugs and a timing belt and pump. There's only 35 thou miles on it though. They are nippy enough for a 1.3 in fairness, can't really fault it for what it is. 175 70 13s really improved the cornering over the 155 yokes that were on it.

• Advertisement

pARTner81 wrote: »
    One more question so. Are the online car checks worth it for history etc??
    Lol, It's 350 for the car.

RoverJames wrote: »
    THe ole lad has a 99 one from new, window reg, thermostat, reversing switch and battery are all its needed aside from oil, filters, plugs and a timing belt and pump. There's only 35 thou miles on it though. They are nippy enough for a 1.3 in fairness, can't really fault it for what it is. 175 70 13s really improved the cornering over the 155 yokes that were on it.

He selling it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I'd say once the rest of it is in reasonable condition then go for it. They are very cheap feeling but they are also very simple and reliable.

pARTner81 wrote: »
    He selling it?
    doubt it, I reckon he will keep it another 12 years, it has sort of sentimental value I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Those Accents always remind me of a late 80's or early 90's Corolla.

Basic, cheap and reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

had a new 98 and then a 00, never any problems, trade in is **** if you change the make

Advertisement