Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband host for first timer in Dublin

Options
  • 26-03-2011 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Been living in Dublin since the new year, only getting round to hooking up internet and cable now.

I'm in the D7 area of Dublin and I imagine connection shouldn't be an issue but from your experience who is the best provider to go for?

I primarily want Broadband but cable TV might also be an option if it was a good package.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does your house or apartment have a landline phone?

Is UPC (cable TV) in the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

UPC broadband seems to be in most of D7 from what I hear and see regarding upgrades and friends who live there. Most likely getting broadband from them is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Juk3box

I dont currently have a landline but I believe there was one before I moved in. UPC has connected a few house on the same street in the last few weeks, so I assume cables are on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's primarily broadband that you want then check out UPC, obviously they can also supply cable TV.

Advertisement