Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - Accessing a Protools file and underlying wav files

Options
  • 26-03-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Howdy,

Is it true that to access pro-tools lite that you need a hardware attachment to get it to run?? Have a copy of the lite version but its asking me for a Digi 002 and closes down when I cancel the request to connect the hardware.

Some background... I was in a band that finished up a about a year ago and while we were together we recorded a few songs in various studios. Since breaking up myself and another member of the band have set up a mini studio with a view to focusing on producing more dancy type tracks (using ableton). I've managed to get the all the files from the recorded sessions but both studios used Protools to record the audio. Protools creates wav files which support the full track and those wav files get bounced into the final product. The problem is that the files names are completely random and its a nightmare to work out whats what in the audio output folder created for the track.

We're trying to do some remixed of the tracks we recorded and it seems to me the best way to access the files is to open up the protools master file for each track and rename the wav files associated with them so I'll know what wav file is what for import into ableton.

Have anyone else ever done this? And does anyone know if there are any other apps which will render a protools file. I want to avoid going into each wav file, listening to it and renaming to something more intelligible i.e. floorTom1-songA.

Any ideas??

Thanks (Know there was a bit of reading there..)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

to open protools (pre v9) you will need digidesign hardware.

in the project folder there will be an audio folder, if you sort this by date you will get the most recent audio files but unless your session was consolidated this wont make a bit of differance to you.

i would suggest either buying one of the little digidesign usb interfaces, think they're about 80 euro.. or else find a friend or a studio with protools.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AfroSonic

to open protools (pre v9) you will need digidesign hardware.

in the project folder there will be an audio folder, if you sort this by date you will get the most recent audio files but unless your session was consolidated this wont make a bit of differance to you.

i would suggest either buying one of the little digidesign usb interfaces, think they're about 80 euro.. or else find a friend or a studio with protools.

Thanks for that.. didn't think there was a workaround really. Will just have to source the hardware I guess.

Advertisement