Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump

Options
  • 26-03-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi I'm 10weeks gone on my second * And I have a bump. Its gone very noticeable now.*
    When i was pregnant on My son (who's 6) I didn't start showing until I was 6 months then I ballooned out. But I was a size 10when I got pregnant on him I'm now a 14.*
    Did anyone start to get a bump this early is this normal? it getting very hard to hide it in work I'm not telling anyone till I'm 12 weeks. But all the shirts are showing it true and my trousers are gone all to tight.*

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was in maternity clothes by about 8 weeks on my 2nd.It is pretty normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I had started getting bump at 8 weeks!! (I thought I was massive lol!) I take a photo every saturday of my bump <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

All the tummy muscles get stretched with your first so on your second they aren't as good at keeping everything hidden! For the same reason, the head may not engage until you are in labour! All perfectly normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

I am 11 weeks and i have had a bump since about 8 weeks, it has got bigger since then. No other pregnancy symptoms so its quite strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

Thank all I was starting to panic it was twins. Havent heard back from the hospital bout my 1st appointment yet!
    So it will prob be ages be for I get a scan.
    Am I been mad trying to hide it from work ? Will I have to tell them sooner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm 10 weeks gone too and my bump is really starting to show now, its great :) i cant wait to meet my bundle of joy

im just 14 weeks now, will i start to show more throughout the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'm into week 9 on my second. Nothing showing yet, but that's probably because most of the bump from last time is still there :mad: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

:eek: 18 weeks with my 4th... no noticeable bump yet . . still fitting all my jeans and trouser .. might be why i'm not feeling very pregnant yet. . .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I'm 26 weeks and I'm still wearing my pre pregnancy clothes I have a little bump but it's not very defined!:( Midwife says that babs is perfect though so I'm happy but I'd love a big bump to show off....people don't realise I'm pregnant!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I'm at 9 weeks just about and my jeans are tight (new jeans but when I bought them they were loose). My tops are more stretchy though. But my mother in law (or soon to be) had guessed two weeks ago. Granted I turned down a glass of wine with dinner on two separate occasons (withing a week) but she also said I was showing. Maybe she's just very perceptive?

This is my first but I'm not exactly small to begin with (14-16).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I'm 23 weeks and only really starting to show the last week, am still in most of my pre-pregnancy clothes- although they are the looser of my pre- pregnancy clothes! Up until now I was looking like I'd put on a bit of weight though! :o
    My bump gets bigger inthe evenings and after I eat!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

I got some castanets for my trousers that allow me to wear normal o es but they extend the band with elastic and a button. There are 4 in a pack, smaller ones for early on and longer ones for later. Hope to keep wearing normal trousers with these! I'll check out the name of them if Anyones interested, can't think of it now...

I'm 20 weeks on no 3 and went from no noticeable bump in at 18 weeks to a very obvious bump at 19 weeks. Thought I would be showing long before now on this one. Started to show round 22 weeks on first and 18 weeks on second. It's different for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

16 weeks and not bump, just bloated and puffy. My face, tummy, booband ass are all now massive. Clothes all far to tight so had to get new larger ones. Maternity ones far to big on me yet. My MIL told me I was getting so fat. We have not told anyone other than my best friend yet. had a number of miss' in the past so want to be sure all is ok.

i'm 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow and starting to wear maternity clothes :)

Advertisement