Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granard-where to stay?

Options
  • 26-03-2011 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I am going to see someone for an appointment in Granard and will be staying overnight after? Where is not too far from there? Staying with my mother so someone nice would be nice, only fifteen minutes drive perhaps? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'm from Granard and honestly can't think of anywhere. Theres nowhere in the town, a couple of places have closed down but theres a place about 2 miles from the town if its still open, it could be closed too!!!

Viewmount House in Longford town is meant to be very nice but thats 20 miles away and might be expensive.

http://www.dirl.com/longford/granard/toberphelim-house.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Not really sure what you're looking for but Crover House Hotel isn't too far (20 mins) and it's fairly nice. As mentioned above Viewmount is nice but Longford town is about 25 mins away. I'm sure there are places closer than that, but they'd be 2 that should be fairly nice.

Directions to Crover

Advertisement