Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced Singer looking to start Metal covers band in Cork

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey all. I'm looking to start a metal covers band. I was in a band doing original stuff before and played all over the country aswell as recording albums, but I don't want to go back to writing stuff anymore. Just want to play the songs I listen to and enjoy. Not looking for anyone who takes things too seriously, this is supposed to be fun. Obviously must be able to play but to be honest just lookin for people who enjoy playing heavy metal and want to have some fun. Age isn't that important really, I'm 31, so ye can judge yerselves :D Like I said once ya can play and don't take it too serious, thats cool. Also, if anyone can do some backing vocals, that would be an advantage too. Here's a few songs I'd like to do, just to give ya an idea of kind of stuff we'd be playing:

Anger Rising - Jerry Cantrell
    Mary Jane - Megadeth
    Breathing New Life - Damageplan
    On March The Saints - Down
    213 - Slayer
    Ghost - Mnemic
    Wrathchild - Iron Maiden
    5 Minutes Alone - Pantera
    Bite The Bullet - Machine Head

If this sounds like something you'd be up for, pm me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

hmmm - was looking for a singer for a metal/hard rock covers band here for a while. Kinda thinking now of doing something more hard rock/gig friendly instead though. Any interest in something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Holy Diver wrote: »
    hmmm - was looking for a singer for a metal/hard rock covers band here for a while. Kinda thinking now of doing something more hard rock/gig friendly instead though. Any interest in something like that?

Is it just a singer your looking for?Im a guitarist aged 31 from douglas all my own gear etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kemper

Prob not man, sorry. Most of the songs that are gig friendly and are played in the pubs etc I wouldn't really be in to. Cheers for replyin to my post though

Colinboy wrote: »
    Is it just a singer your looking for?Im a guitarist aged 31 from douglas all my own gear etc etc.

Main thing for the moment is finding a singer anyway. Will get back to you if we need a guitarist though

Kemper wrote: »
    Prob not man, sorry. Most of the songs that are gig friendly and are played in the pubs etc I wouldn't really be in to. Cheers for replyin to my post though

Fair enough. If we revert to the original idea of doing metal I'll give you a shout

• Advertisement

Fair enough. If we revert to the original idea of doing metal I'll give you a shout

Cool, cheers bud

My first ever bump lol :D

Just out of curiosity, what songs were ya thinkin of covering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Not sure if i'll be any use to you guys, but heres my post from a few weeks back

Link

Not sure if i'll be any use to you guys, but heres my post from a few weeks back

Link

If ya likes the look of the few song ideas I put up then yeah, cool :D want to do more metal than rock, soe Testament, Mnemic, Kiss etc thrown in too but wouldn't object to doin some Lizzy :D just wann do covers and have some fun. Lookin for people who have some bit of experience but not lookin for anything serious, just some guys who like to play metal jammin out together. Again, if you think you;d be interested that would be cool

• Advertisement

Kemper wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what songs were ya thinkin of covering?

With the metal project - anything at all

On the hard rock thing - again anything at all but more well known stuff that you could actually gig around

If that narrows it down...

Kind of lol. Any idea of songs you'd like to try for the hard rock thing?

PM sent...

Advertisement