Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook repair ?

Options
  • 26-03-2011 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend somewhere (pref Dublin) who don't charge an absolute fortune to look at an MBP ?

Mine's started freezing on boot & macitvate are looking for €80 just to look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I have used Mactivate before and would definitely recommend them, however there are few other places you can try too;

EVAD IT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
    UNIT H & I, USHERS ISLAND
    DUBLIN 8
    Tel. +353 16336791
    Apple Authorised Service Providers

COMPU B
    111 GRAFTON STREET,
    D.2. - DUBLIN
    Tel. 00353 1 5079103
    Apple Premium Reseller

TYPETEC LTD
    UNIT G6 CALMOUNT BUSINESS PARK
    12 - DUBLIN
    Tel. 353 1 5009000
    Apple Solution Experts - Education

MACTIVATE LTD.
    NORTHWEST BUSINESS PARK
    UNIT 13, NORTHWEST CENTRE
    15 - BLANCHARDSTOWN, DUBLIN
    Tel. 353 1 8224488

COMPU B
    MALAHIDE ROAD
    PAVILION SHOPPING CENTRE
    SWORDS
    Tel. 01 5250631
    Apple Premium Reseller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

iMax wrote: »
    Anyone recommend somewhere (pref Dublin) who don't charge an absolute fortune to look at an MBP ?

Mine's started freezing on boot & macitvate are looking for €80 just to look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Before you splash the cash on a repair, boot if off your install disk 1 and run diskutility to repair permissions and also run a disk verify and repair, this may solve your issue or this may indicate a faulty hdd which is extremely easy to replace in a macbook. Just a suggestion that might save you a few quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I would run "Applejack" before you do anything else. I assume you already have a backup of all your irreplaceable files.

http://www.glodark.com/computer.htm

Advertisement