Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE All Stars

Options
  • 26-03-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone played this yet?

I downloaded the demo for xbox and it really let me down.
    Controls seem to be all over the place and its very arcade-y.
    its got a very steep learning curve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭bradlente

WWE-Wellness Policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

of course it is very arcade type of game didn't you see the numerous commercials etc

it is fun to just mess around with ill stick to smackdown vs raw for now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I was expecting it to be more arcade than a simulator (of sorts) like SD.

I was just a bit taken back by how arcadey it is.

lol they even made a arcade stick for it,that should say enough about it =/

for god sakes u can do air combos after i seen that it turned me off,what bothers me tho is they have so many good legends that should be in svr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

bradlente wrote: »
    WWE-Wellness Policy?

Off all the spin-offs, they could have figured out to do a (general) management sim by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Personally I'm looking forward to this, I miss the old button mashing games of yesterday so I'm looking forward to something with a less complicated control scheme then what Smackdown vs Raw has become - and it's got a roster I remember from childhood, which helps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it will be fun but the demo did slightly annoy me. For one, I feel UW overpowers Rey completly and thus the choice of two characters for the demo feels unbalanced. Someone pointed out Rey is meant to be weaker but quicker but I ended up playing both characters the same way, as did the AI from what I saw. :/

Still, I loved throwing Rey in the air then catching him with a powerbomb though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

Ridley wrote: »
    Off all the spin-offs, they could have figured out to do a (general) management sim by now.

Yeah that would be the tits now, 'WWE : Book your Destiny!'

what they need to do is have a way for us to transfer all legends from legends of wrestlemania to svr every year

id pay just to do it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I played the demo and thought it was absolutely awful.

I'm not really into the SD v Raw games and was really excited about a fun arcade game but the end product (the demo at least) let me down so much.

The controls are all over the place. There's no real balancing and my god EVERYTHING can be reversed its ridiculous.

I played the demo about 5 times and every finisher was reversed. No matter how much I beat the tar out of Mysterio he wouldn't stay down, kept reversing and never showed sign of damage.

So disappointed because I was very excited about the demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

bradlente wrote: »
    WWE-Wellness Policy?

That would be an interesting game.

Your a skinny kid in developmental, and your mission is to bulk up using the various performance enhancing products on the market without violating the dreaded 'Wellness Policy test', as well as avoiding numerous obstacles in your way such as the media, online illegal pharmacy busts, and Triple H's locker room.

Advertisement