Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop - Changing colours

Options
  • 25-03-2011 4:40pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I need help trying to change some colours of an image – a logo. The logo is all one colour (green), but with anti-aliasing there will be variations of the green etc. What I want to do is firstly try to change it a little to match the shade of green on the rest of the site, But I’d also like to see what it looks like in blue – the other colour of the site.

I tried messing with the hue/saturation but it was like a guessing game playing around with the sliders. I'm assuming there is a better way using colour picker etc to try to match it exactly, can anyone help me please?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fogra

Go to 'Select' > 'Colour range' and adjust that way.
    It would be preferable to adjust the vector format of the logo though if possible.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. Totally not working for me though. Just keeps saying "No Pixels Selected even though I even tried selecting each letter of the logo with the magic wand. What might I be doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Select>color range, will only select whatever color you select,
    this is only useful if you want to select part of the logo, to my knowledge you dont?

as far as i know, you have to mess about with the HUE/SAT sliders until you do get it right, you may want to try image adjustments > color balance,

there is also an image adjustments > match colour option, but thats more for fitting in pasted images

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

Might be picking you up wrong - but you can double click on the layer to pull up Layer Style > Color Overlay > Select your colour.

If you have a screenshot of the website you want to match the colour to then all you do it select the colour using the eye dropper tool and it will be overlaid onto the logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 waitely

On the Photoshop toolbar sharing a position with the Brush tool is the Color Replacement tool. For this tool you’ll need to select the color that you want to paint with and then click and paint over the image.

The tool reads the color immediately under the cursor as you start painting and looks for similar colors to paint over. This allows you to paint somewhat outside the lines and still replace only the color that you want to replace.
    Using the Tool Options you can set the Tolerance to so, for example, if you are recoloring an area that is a fairly solid color, you can use a low tolerance to isolate the color. On the other hand if you’re recoloring an area where there is quite a bit of variety in the color because of shadows or texture, for example, you can increase the tolerance to recolor a wider range of colors similar to those under the cursor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lightbulbie

Not sure if i am answering exactly what you are asking. Is it that you want to match the exact colours you have on your site??

If so what i would do is save an image of your webpage (easy to do with firefox). Then upload that image into photoshop. With the magic wand you can pick the exact colours that are on your website.

Hope thats of some help.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks guys I managed it with the hue/saturation. I just had to keep playing with it until i got the shade right, took a while but I got it in the end. I was hoping I could use the color picker - you probably can but I could not figure it out!

Advertisement