Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help BBC1 HD

Options
  • 25-03-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I see that this weekends F1 is not on BBC HD.

How can I get BBC1 HD. I bought a HD box just for this !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

You proabably need to tune it in manually.

Freq:10847
    Polarization:V
    Symbol Rate: 22000

What kind of box do you have? You will get a better response in the satellite forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Me too,

its on at 5am on the normal channel but on the HD listings on Sky 143 has merely ' BBC HD Preview' ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Same for me as well, whats the deal with this ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Ok guys.

Found it

10847 V 22.0 5/6

ENJOY :-)

thegoth wrote: »
    Ok guys.

Found it

10847 V 22.0 5/6

ENJOY :-)

Can you record on that channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

No :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Shay Vader

This channel often shows complete programmes without scheduling it on d Skybox for some reason so i'm in the "Its gonna work out okay" brigade for de mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lordhumphreys

Any ideas on this for UPC users?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 buttersbrady

Hopefully it's on BBC HD Lordhumphreys, or you're in trouble. Is it not possible to tune in additional channels on the UPC box?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Shay Vader

Its on!!

• Advertisement

Its says on the timetable for the TV tomorrow that programs dont start till 2.00pm and the re-run is at 1.00pm on the normal channel, **** sake BBC.

DOes the HD channel start earlier or is it the sky box acting the bollox?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The HD channel listings are often just showing as "preview" on Virgin cable in the UK as well, especially for the likes of the F1 when it's the first thing on in the morning. Someone just can't be bothered to get up in the mornings and sort out the listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its says on the timetable for the TV tomorrow that programs dont start till 2.00pm and the re-run is at 1.00pm on the normal channel, **** sake BBC.

DOes the HD channel start earlier or is it the sky box acting the bollox?
    I'd say it's because the clocks go forward tonight

DOes anyone here have a Sky HD+ box? if so could you view the quali on the channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

DOes anyone here have a Sky HD+ box? if so could you view the quali on the channel?

nope had to tune in BBC1 HD on "add channels"

Grim. wrote: »
    nope had to tune in BBC1 HD on "add channels"

Rather annoying, you used that frequency thing from an earlier post didnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Just added BBC1 HD and the quality is A1 compared to the normal BBC1 ch 141.;)

Thanks

DC

Rather annoying, you used that frequency thing from an earlier post didnt you?

yeah

10847 V 22.0 5/6

Does it show programs at the same time as standard BBC?

Does it show programs at the same time as standard BBC?

yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Setanta HD on UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

Can anybody confirm that the F1 will be on BBC HD (UPC) tomorrow morning even though it says "BBC HD Preview"?

Sweet done, ill watch the re-run at 1 tomorrow, until then lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Just bringing back this thread, has anyone been able to watch the F1 on BBC HD (Sky 143) as it would be great to be able to record it on HD and not have to get up early for the some of the races..? Is it Sky or the BBC?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There was a problem with the sync during the race last weekend. Was a BBC problem as they admitted it during the coverage, but the HD was out for longer after the regular channel was back working.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

robinph wrote: »
    There was a problem with the sync during the race last weekend. Was a BBC problem as they admitted it during the coverage, but the HD was out for longer after the regular channel was back working.

I went to record the race on Sky143 and all I got was HD Preview.? I was watching the BBD SD and they sync was out for a while.

Were you watching the F1 race on BBC HD Sky143?

Nah, I've got it on cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

I just signed up with UPC there last week and was considering upgrading to the HD box, mainly just for F1.

Can anyone tell me what commentators Setanta are using for their coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I think they're using the BBC feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

batman2000 wrote: »
    I went to record the race on Sky143 and all I got was HD Preview.? I was watching the BBD SD and they sync was out for a while.

Were you watching the F1 race on BBC HD Sky143?
    Sky HD channel 143 is BBC HD. That's not showing the GP. BBC have another HD channel, called BBC One HD. This is as it says on the tin, a HD version of BBC One. However you can only get it with the Sky HD box by going in to Add Channels and tuning it in to your "Other Channels" list. Therefore you can't record from it.
    Anything that's on BBC One will be on BBC One HD (with the small exception of a few programs). BBC Two and BBC HD are seperate channels which sometimes share programs, but mostly don't anymore.
    So to sum up, if you want to record F1 via your Sky box, you have to suffer SD.
    If you are watching live, then go to your Other Channels for BBC One HD!

Advertisement