Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got $106,000 and 8 months? Go on a cycling holiday

• 25-03-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

You can save €11,000 if you can find a room-mate. "Partner wanted for 8 month global cycling trip and maybe more"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That's an absolutely ridiculous price for 8 months cycle touring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It's a supported trip for rich Americans, van backup and staying in hotels and so on. If I had the money... well no, if I had the money I would still do it unsupported on the cheap, for me that is part of the fun and the challenge. I am currently spending around €250/month here in India. But whatever floats your boat, there are worse things you could spend that sort of money on. I see they are starting in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Starting in US, but first actual cycle will be in Ireland. That's my main problem with it as a concept, it's not "cycling around the world", it's "travelling around the world with riding in between airports". And it still costs a helluva lot more money than it should - but you do get a "custom built bike"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

blorg wrote: »
    I am currently spending around €250/month here in India.

That's it, I'm packing up the wife and kids and moving to India

• Advertisement
Advertisement