Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benefit while looking for work abroad?

• 24-03-2011 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

if i move abroad to look for work within in the EU can i continue to claim social welfare? Im on job seekers at the moment..i was told i could continue to receive my payment for 3 months when abroad..is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

(JB) may be transferred to another EEA member state for up to 13 weeks, if you are looking for work there. You must be getting Jobseeker's Benefit for 4 weeks before you can transfer it to another EEA member state. From 1 May 2010 new EU Regulations came into effect (pdf) which mean that if you apply to transfer your Jobseeker's Benefit, it will be paid directly to you. You will still be required to register with the employment services of the country where you have gone to look for work within a week. You must take form Form U2 (which is replacing Form E303) to the social services of the country you are travelling to. You can get a completed Form U2 from your local social welfare office. from here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/claiming_a_social_welfare_payment/going_abroad_and_social_welfare_payments.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

if i move abroad to look for work within in the EU can i continue to claim social welfare? Im on job seekers at the moment..i was told i could continue to receive my payment for 3 months when abroad..is this true?

If you are in receipt of JSB you can transfer you claim abroad for 78 days. You have to be in receipt of JSB for 1 month before you can apply to have your claim transferred.You have to apply a month in advance... payment will be made into an Irish bank account or by cheque. You will have to have a forwarding address for the country you are going to and you will have to register within 7 days of going there with the equivalent of our sw office and follow their criteria eg. signing etc. This money sometimes takes quite a while to come through depending on the EU country you go to so it is advisable to have some money saved to allow you to live on as it is not an easy transition.

Advertisement