Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to join clubs and socs?

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm a second year student and although I signed up for countless clubs and socs as a fresher I never actually got involved in any of them. Really regretting that now since I've only a year left but would it be a bit weird to get involved in final year? I feel like I haven't been making the most of college life but don't want to feel like a complete weirdo either... Thoughts? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Hi, I'm a second year student and although I signed up for countless clubs and socs as a fresher I never actually got involved in any of them. Really regretting that now since I've only a year left but would it be a bit weird to get involved in final year? I feel like I haven't been making the most of college life but don't want to feel like a complete weirdo either... Thoughts? :confused:

No need to worry at all. Just throw yourself into it! You will come across cliques though but that's part of the college experience in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Nope, never too late. I joined PhySoc in 3rd yr and LGBT soc in 4th year. Didn't feel weird or anything, though I do regret no doing it sooner.

If you don't go for it now, you'll regret it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Sure most AGM's for societies are happening now, so if you want to get really involved (like being on a committee) next year then get looking for when they're on! Clubs are always looking for new members they definitely wouldn't turn you away any time of the year ( apart from maybe varsities training :D ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Only got involved in 3rd year myself,plan to do more in 4th year.On committees for Suas and Slainte for next, was on FilmSoc this year.So,it's not too late to get involved at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hakunamatata08

That's great! Thanks for all the help :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement