Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Account Set Up

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Sorry, this has probably been asked loads of times but is it possible to open a savings account in the UK or elsewhere in Europe while staying as a resident in Ireland?

Basically I have a bit of savings that I nervous about leaving in Irish banks now. So all I want is an account (preferably in the UK) to transfer sums into now and again while keeping my Irish account for day to day activities.

Any assistance advice is much appreciated. Who's the best/easy to deal with and what do I need to do etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You don't need a "foreign" account. NIB, UB and Rabo are all foreign owned, not Irish.

You could also set up an account at a NI bank branch. There have been many, many threads on this before.

Really, if you tell people why, exactly, you're "nervous" they may be able to illustrate options to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Advertisement