Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lil bita help!

Options
  • 24-03-2011 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey all,

having a bit of trouble with something. Got a new mic today, a cheapy - superlux s125. Plugged it in with 48v and i'm getting nothing but a high frequency, scrambling every few secs or so. No signal from what i want to record, just this frequency. Never had this problem before! stumped! Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mikesmt

tested my sound card for 48v and tested all my cables and other mics. working fine! :confused: stumped i said!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

What interface is it? And I don't mean to state the obvious but did you test the same setup with anything else that requires Phantom Power? Sounds like it could be a dud otherwise, hard luck if so

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Just a thought...

if you are plugging your interface into a laptop, is the laptop internal mic turned off? IE, it isnt a feedback loop?

Also, I think I experienced something like this before with a Motu 896 once. The problem was that the input preamp channel on the Motu was damaged and once I moved the mic to another input it worked fine. I never found out what the problem was (the Motu was not mine!) but it might be your issue.... maybe.....:)

Advertisement