Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear DGN3500 Modem/Router and Xbox Live

Options
  • 24-03-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Looking for a little help with my new router. I bought it to replace the zyxel one supplied by Eircom and am having a problem with it regarding Xbox Live.

I dont seem to be having any disconnects when it comes to my internet access on my PC, but Xbox Live has become unplayable with disconnects every 5 to 30 mins. There is nothing in the log to indicate a disconnect and Eircom say that my line is very solid with no disconnects.

Has anyone got any suggestions with regard to this issue? Change settings etc?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Make sure plug n play is enabled (UPnP)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Make sure plug n play is enabled (UPnP)

Thanks for the response Pog, but it is turned on. I just hope it is not the router. Saying that, i have seen a lot of complaints about this router on the net with regard to disconnects but mine doesnt seem to be disconnecting, just booting me out of Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Wired or Wireless on the XBox? If wireless maybe change the channel or try wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

:)
    paddyk wrote: »
    Wired or Wireless on the XBox? If wireless maybe change the channel or try wired.

Wired paddy. My house is wired for Ethernet and I had no problems with xbox live through my wired connection with the Zyxel router so I really know what's up.

Advertisement