Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland [Charges due to no funds/incoming Laser Transactions]

Options
  • 24-03-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

hi,Im just looking for a bit of advice..

Last week i made 5 purchases(on 16,17th) last week with my laser card,i had sufficent funds in my a/c when making the purchases...two direct debits came out friday last which caused my a/c to become overdrawn..but because of the bank holiday,there was a delay in processing the laser transactions..now BOI have hit me with 6 overcharge fee's worth E27...i don't mind the 2 overcharges concerning the DD's as the money wasn't in my A/c at the time...but each time i used my laser card i actually had funds in my A/c so why are the charging me these fee's??

I'm just wondering,should a query it with my bank??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This happened because the funds weren't there when the transactions hit your account. When you made the purchase is irrelevant in this case: you need to have the funds to cover them when they actually come to be processed.

Advertisement