Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011 COMPETITION: Round 1-Australia

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭

Yes it's that time of year again, where boards F1 fans battle it out to see who is the biggest F1 nerd the best at predicting the outcome of a Grand Prix. The winner gains nothing but bragging rights and the satisfaction that he (arguably) knows more than any other F1 fan on the forum. Well, until this year that is...

I've consulted with the boards powers that be and am delighted to announce that there will be a mystery prize for this year's winner! We'll keep the prize a mystery until the end to hopefully add to the excitement (there's also the fact that it's not actually confirmed what it will be yet :D). Don't get too excited though, it's very much just a token prize and will probably be whatever the Admins can find down the back of the couch, but still something to look forward to.

For those not familiar with the format; a poll will be posted after Friday practice on each Grand Prix weekend. You select from different categories with each option having a varying amount of points. The results will be added up after each grand prix and the person with the most points at the end of the season will be crowned winner. There's just 2 basic rules:
    • Entries must be submitted before the start of qualifying. No Exceptions. Anyone caught cheating will get a forum ban, end of story, especially as there are prizes involved.
    • The results at the end of the race stand. It doesn't matter if they're changed 10 weeks or 10 hours after the race, the results as shown at the end of the grand prix are all that count.

Poll is up. Remember to cast your votes today if you don't plan to get up early!

5 votes - 1 in each section 196 votes

To Win: Webber - 40 points
    0%
    To Win: Alonso - 50 points
    3%
    Torlac[Deleted User]EvilMonkeyIrishshinthewheel2.0IM0 6 votes
    To Win: Button - 70 points
    4%
    Dont be at yourselfdor83muckwarriorIckle MagooCookie_MonsterirelandroverVinny-ChaseIron Hideproulx 9 votes
    To Win: Schumacher - 100 points
    5%
    LucutusSlutmonkey57bkaizersozeGhost TrainwobblesKimono-GirlTop DogbamboozlingedgyMudSkipper 10 votes
    To Win: Any other driver - 30 points
    2%
    vectrastevenmusmellslikeshoeslord lucanFREDNISMO 5 votes
    *Red Bull on pole: Yes - 10 points
    8%
    rameireamacachiBobby04FirewalkwithmerecyclebinVegetaBFassassin[Deleted User]Grim.WarperMuff_DaddykeithohBoardsRangerRayMSparks43losthorizonShay Vader 17 votes
    *Red Bull on pole: No - 10 points
    16%
    LucutusDont be at yourselfSlutmonkey57bvectrastevenmu[Deleted User]kaizersozeamacachiBobby04FirewalkwithmemuckwarriorrecyclebinVegetasmellslikeshoesBFassassin[Deleted User]EvilMonkeyIrishshinwobblesGrim. 33 votes
    **McLaren vs Ferrari: McLaren - 10 points
    6%
    rameiredor83Ickle Magoolord lucanGhost TrainKimono-GirlirelandroverTop DogbamboozlingIron HideMudSkipperFREDNISMOShay Vader 13 votes
    **McLaren vs Ferrari: Ferrari - 10 points
    12%
    LucutusrameirevectrakaizersozeamacachiBobby04FirewalkwithmesmellslikeshoesIckle Magoo[Deleted User]Ghost TrainwobblesGrim.thewheel2.0keithohKimono-GirlBoardsRangerRayMSparks43Top Dog 25 votes
    ***Petrov vs Heidfeld: Petrov - 10 points
    10%
    Dont be at yourselfSlutmonkey57bstevenmu[Deleted User]dor83muckwarriorrecyclebinVegetaBFassassinlord lucanEvilMonkeyIrishshinWarperMuff_DaddyCookie_MonsterIM0irelandroverVinny-ChaseIron HideFREDNISMO 20 votes
    ***Petrov vs Heidfeld: Heidfeld - 10 points
    5%
    LucutusrameirestevenmuBobby04lord lucanGrim.BoardsRangerSparks43Vinny-ChaseFREDNISMOproulx 11 votes
    ****18 Finishers or more - 10 Points
    17%
    Dont be at yourselfSlutmonkey57bvectra[Deleted User]kaizersozeamacachiFirewalkwithmedor83muckwarriorrecyclebinVegetasmellslikeshoesBFassassinIckle Magoo[Deleted User]EvilMonkeyIrishshinGhost TrainwobblesWarper 34 votes
    ****17 Finishers or less - 10 Points
    6%
    stevenmuamacachiBobby04VegetaIckle Magoolord lucanEvilMonkeyGhost TrainwobblesGrim.BoardsRangerbamboozlingproulx 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Here's to another season wishing for safety cars,engine blow-outs and rain so i get the right result!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Is the prize a trip to next seasons Melbourne GP? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Looking forward to this
    Could be a "she" winning it this year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Excellent..
    Hoping to be a bit luckier this season

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Bring it on, I feel yet another last place in a league is within my grasp:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

Thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to keep this going. I'm expecting it to be especially tricky to guess results this year. Can't wait...:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great choices for the poll options, should make for interesting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Just to point out that if you make a mistake when voting in the poll (as someone seems to have) you can post your choices in the thread. Choices posted in the thread will override those in the poll, but don't do it unless you have to.

1 Alonso
    2 RB pole
    3 Ferrari
    4 heifeld
    5 <18

:)

1 Alonso
    2 RB pole
    3 Ferrari
    4 <18

Eh, you missed one, and the rest are the same as the poll. :confused:

No need to post in the thread unless you make a mistake.

• Advertisement

Eh, you missed one, and the rest are the same as the poll. :confused:
    added
    No need to post in the thread unless you make a mistake.
    ok so, I just though I would for visibility, thats the way it went last time wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Made my votes there. Love the options

Going to try and stick to this more regularly this year. :D

ok so, I just though I would for visibility, thats the way it went last time wasn't it.

They did at first, but it was a bit of a PITA having to look through both the poll and the thread when adding up results.
    Thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to keep this going.
    No problem. I kept it going because I enjoy competing! I don't claim any ownership of the competition and if anyone else wants to have a go just pm me before the Friday of a Grand Prix weekend.

They did at first, but it was a bit of a PITA having to look through both the poll and the thread when adding up results.
    ah, ok

will resist the urge from now on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Lets see if I can hold on to the title :)
    Good options and thanks again for doing this.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Lets see if I can hold on to the title :)

:) Lets see if I can finally stay in the lead for the final race ... third time lucky maybe :P

+1 on the good options.

No problem. I kept it going because I enjoy competing! I don't claim any ownership of the competition and if anyone else wants to have a go just pm me before the Friday of a Grand Prix weekend.

I understand and appreciate that you claim no ownership of the competition, which to me makes it all the more generous of you time and effort wise to provide something that so many of us really enjoy. I feel guilty for not helping in some way, but honestly would not feel confident to run a weekend by myself, so, what if people could supply the options for a weekend, but someone like yourself run the poll with those options? I'd make the effort to do that at least if it was any help to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Alonso to win
    Ferrari to finish above McLaren
    Red Bull not on pole
    Heidfeld
    17 or less

If any of ye are betting men, stick a pound or two on Heidfeld for a podium finish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

how is the mclaren v's ferrari battle decided?

1st car from each team across the line or both cars :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

me@ucd wrote: »
    how is the mclaren v's ferrari battle decided?

1st car from each team across the line or both cars :confused:

Points I assume, if equal then highest position. Like in championship standings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Damn! Missed the first poll of the season...would have gone for the following:

To Win: Any other driver - 30 points
    **McLaren vs Ferrari: McLaren - 10 points
    ***Petrov vs Heidfeld: Petrov - 10 points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Quick question can anyone see who picked what on the poll

For some reason i cant :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

click on any of the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Grim. wrote: »
    click on any of the numbers

Cheers

1st race

1st clean sweep :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Click the number of votes sparks :)

As always, everyone please double check your score. Mistakes can and probably will be made, especially with so many entries.

Congrats to Sparks43, the only person to get everything right.

Sparks43 70
    BoardsRanger 60
    Bobby04 60
    Grim 60
    keithoh 60
    Moonbaby 60
    rameire 60
    RayM 60
    amacachi 50
    BFassassin 50
    Muff_Daddy 50
    recyclebin 50
    Shay Vader 50
    Warper 50
    Lucutus 40
    Vegeta 40
    edgy 30
    kaizersoze 30
    losthorizon 30
    proulx 30
    smellslikeshoes 30
    thewheel2.0 30
    vectra 30
    Vinny-Chase 30
    Cookie_Monster 20
    Ficus 20
    FREDNISMO 20
    Irishshin 20
    Kimono-Girl 20
    me@ucd 20
    muckwarrior 20
    MudSkipper 20
    NekkidBibleMan 20
    Slutmonkey57b 20
    stevenmu 20
    Top Dog 20
    wobbles 20
    bamboozling 10
    dor83 10
    EvilMonkey 10
    Ghost Train 10
    Ickle Magoo 10
    irelandrover 10
    Iron Hide 10
    lord lucan 10

Bobby04 wrote: »
    I understand and appreciate that you claim no ownership of the competition, which to me makes it all the more generous of you time and effort wise to provide something that so many of us really enjoy. I feel guilty for not helping in some way, but honestly would not feel confident to run a weekend by myself, so, what if people could supply the options for a weekend, but someone like yourself run the poll with those options? I'd make the effort to do that at least if it was any help to you??

If you're worried about creating the poll properly you could always use the test forum to practice first. Tbh, the poll is the easy (and fun) bit. Adding up the results is the tedious part. If anyone wants to help with that just pm me and I can give you access to the spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

cheers guys for the organising of the competition and the counting of the points.
    go on the 60 points.
    really chuffed.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I got 30 points but I only thought there was one choice :o

Advertisement