Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone embed Blogger?

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A client wishes to "embed" a blogger aspect to a html/css site.

See here: www.blogger.com

Anyone use this software before? Do I simply create an account, then be given a script or embed code to my own size parameters and it will drop in to the page in question where it will show recent posts?

I have posted a query on their boards, but noone has replied - just wanted to see if anyone here uses it or knows how to embed its features into a conventional site framework...

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Blogger has an RSS feed that you can read using PHP and then display and format the results whatever way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Blogger has an RSS feed that you can read using PHP and then display and format the results whatever way you want.

I'm not familiar with RSS feeds - Do I need anything specific for this to work - like 3rd party apps or do I simply specify "Rss Feed" in Blogger setup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is the client just looking to have their Blogger posts show up on the site (such as the RSS feed idea), or are they looking to publish to Blogger from it?

Is the client just looking to have their Blogger posts show up on the site (such as the RSS feed idea), or are they looking to publish to Blogger from it?

Hi Aidan,

The cleint wants to place the blogger aspect into the main content section of a site I developed. It will be positioned below the top navbar and logo etc and above the footer. To the right I have a verical navbar.

See rough diagram below...

blogger.jpg

I will be using standard hosting, but it does support php. From what I read, I need to embed the script, but I'm unfamiliar with using iFrame code - I'm sure it's quite straightforward, just need a little help with it!

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

From what I understand blogger.com diminished this option last year: http://blogger-ftp.blogspot.com/

I would suggest wordpress or another blog tool. There's plenty there.

• Advertisement

lil_lisa wrote: »
    From what I understand blogger.com diminished this option last year: http://blogger-ftp.blogspot.com/

I would suggest wordpress or another blog tool. There's plenty there.

Hi,

The framework for the site is already built - it's a straightforward hml/css site.

Are there any CMS alternatives available that can "drop into a html site" ?

Advertisement