Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retcon SSF4 & MVC3 tournaments - UCD, Saturday 26th March

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

We at streetfighter.ie are proud to present Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 tournaments this weekend at University College Dublin's Retcon gaming convention. Last year was great fun and I'm sure this will be too.

The event is being held in UCD's student centre: http://sites.google.com/site/retconucd/getting-here

I'll be there from 11am on Saturday taking registration and playing casuals until around noon, when the tournaments will begin. The format for both tournaments will be groups into a top 16 double elimination bracket, using seeding based on the monthly Dublin tournaments (OP to be updated when I get the lists). On Saturday the event closes at 9, but I'm sure the tournaments will be done well before then.

The price is 8 euro for entry to the con for the day (10 for the weekend if you have gaming interests other than fighting games!) and then 5 euro per tournament going to the prize pot.

As usual, anyone who can bring equipment is greatly appreciated - we should have 4 setups going and I'll be bringing an xbox with the MVC3 dlc characters on it, but anyone who can bring monitors, consoles, and copies of the game with them to help things run more smoothly is a legend.

Apologies for the short notice on this one, but hopefully a lot of ye will be able to make it regardless!

streetfighter.ie post: http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/03/24/retcon-ssf4-mvc3-tournaments-ucd-saturday-26th-march/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I probably won't make it. Moving that day.
    Depending on how long it takes I may be able to make it out for the tourney but can't bring equipment.

I'd suggest everyone try to get along for this, last years was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

God dammit, another big event on at the same day as Tempest! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Crap didn't even realise that! Hopefully there won't be many who'd be overlapping anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Acts of Lufthansa permitting I should be there but I won't have access to my gear prior to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Sweet, I'll definitely be there, I live too close not to go. I can probably bring an xbox and games but no dlc for marvel unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

I am also DLC'less.

But can bring xbox/marvel and a tv.

Cheers lads, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Too busy this weekend. Sucks muchly.

Also, updating the seeding stuff from Hype, will post that in the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Sweet 39a right outside my house!! I guess I can bring ssfiv and mvc. Also you sure people will show up, just noticed this thread was made yday

• Advertisement

Well there'll be people from the con I am sure too. Usually when I play in con tournaments I don't see other "competitive" players til the top 8.

If worse came to worse we could do a round robin tournament anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If my friend is interested then I'll be up for this!

I apologised for the short notice in the OP, nothing that could be done about it unfortunately. As Doom said there should be a fair few casuals entrants anyway, and from the activity of the thread I think we'll get a decent turnout.

Looking forward to this.

Should be great craic.

Yeah so I'm bringing a 360 with MvC3, Wii with Melee and Brawl and a 20 inch monitor.

Excellent stuff man, much appreciated!

Running late but I'm on the bus to ucd now. We're getting kicked out of the student centre at 6 it turns out, so get on your way if you want to enter the tournaments!

Ahhhhhhh!

Woke up really late.

Not sure it's worth heading down at this stage

GGs all today!

SSF4:

1st: Dreddybajs
    2nd: Doctor Doom
    3rd: Bourke

MVC3:

1st: Speedboat
    2nd: Bourke
    3rd: Dreddybajs

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

GGs today everyone. It's a shame the street fighter finals weren't recorded, it was a great set.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Wasn't able to make it unfortunately, my girlfriend would die or attend my cousin's engagement party tonight and apparently going to a video game tournament was not a reasonable excuse not to go.

So I'm gonna go put on my suit and spend the next several hours uncomfortably making small talk with people i don't know. There better be a free bar.

Congrats to the winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GGs to everyone, not happy with my play :(

But well played everyone! Was great craic

I apologize if I didn't talk much, I don't really talk that much :p.

Yeah that was one of the best tournament sets I've been involved in, GGs to Doom, was very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Gratz Dreddy and Speedboat

Yeah that was definitely the most intense set I've played in a tournament in. Some balls sticking with Cammy and a deserved win off the back of it!

Totally some great mind games going on there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Cheers for everyone who came to this. Unfortunatly i couldn't be there for most of the day but i'm glad i can now but some names to faces and such. Hopefully we can do this again next year.

I wonder if ppl would like to do regular tournies there sometimes as its a venue yous don't have to pay for (if yous were already paying for one).

Thanks again to dreddy and doom for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

albel nox wrote: »
    Cheers for everyone who came to this. Unfortunatly i couldn't be there for most of the day but i'm glad i can now but some names to faces and such. Hopefully we can do this again next year.

I wonder if ppl would like to do regular tournies there sometimes as its a venue yous don't have to pay for (if yous were already paying for one).

Thanks again to dreddy and doom for all the help!

Leave that with us as it could well be something we'd look into. Thank you very much for the offer.

Advertisement