Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 1, 2011

Options
  • 24-03-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Well I've had an awesome start anyway, whatever about the teams. Tipped the Blues to win by 20, and what do you know, they win 104-84 :D

Heading to Subi for the Eagles game on Sunday so looking forward to that.

Delighted to have footy back!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

ah feck, forgot to sky plus the game. and forgot to check on my team again! bloody hell. stupid work making me forget things.

must see if the game will be replayed, sounds like it was decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Jack Reiwoldt = Superstar :)

I didn't see any of the game but it seems like it was only inordinately accurate goal kicking that kept Richmond in the game for so long. Looking forward to tomorrow nights game and Collingwood handing out a whooping at the weekend :D

Also John Heslin from Westmeath (who's pretty much the best 18 year old I've ever seen) has signed a 2 year rookie contract with Gold Coast. He could be awesome if he fulfills his potential.

SSK wrote: »
    Jack Reiwoldt = Superstar :)

I didn't see any of the game but it seems like it was only inordinately accurate goal kicking that kept Richmond in the game for so long. Looking forward to tomorrow nights game and Collingwood handing out a whooping at the weekend :D

Also John Heslin from Westmeath (who's pretty much the best 18 year old I've ever seen) has signed a 2 year rookie contract with Gold Coast. He could be awesome if he fulfills his potential.

would know little enough about him, but its positive as well as negative. has a bit of an attitude problem, and prone to lashing out. serious talent, but dont know will he have the where with all to succeed. I suppose its a maturing age and nothing like having to move abroad to make a living to grow up quick.

bruschi wrote: »
    would know little enough about him, but its positive as well as negative. has a bit of an attitude problem, and prone to lashing out. serious talent, but dont know will he have the where with all to succeed. I suppose its a maturing age and nothing like having to move abroad to make a living to grow up quick.

In fairness he's still only 18 and has had to deal with a huge amount of hype and expectation over the last couple of years, which leads to him being targetted in almost every game he plays. I hope it goes well for him anyway.

Cats and Saints seem to be playing out an extremely negative game of footy at the moment...only 8 goals in 3 quarters. The usual suspects racking up massive DT points which is always good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cats and Saints seem to be playing out an extremely negative game of footy at the moment...only 8 goals in 3 quarters. The usual suspects racking up massive DT points which is always good :D

The Cats got home by a point. Joel Selwood was knocked ot of the game early after a nasty sounding hit from Farran Ray (didn't see it yet)

Luckily I went with Bartel over Selwood in DT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Horrible first three quarters of football. Picked up in the end though the Saints bottled it with some horrible passes by foot late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The Cats got home by a point. Joel Selwood was knocked ot of the game early after a nasty sounding hit from Farran Ray

It looked like they both went for ball and Selwood's head caught his hip, don't think it was malicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

At the Crows game tonight. Lucky to be 20 points down at half time then..........................murdered them in the second to win by 20. well deserved. Come on the Crows. Took 6 games last year to win. great to get off the mark tonight. Hopefully will be a good year.

just watched the saints/cat game. as xavi said, it was horrible for nearly the first 3 quarters, only picked up with about 5 left in the third when Geelong kicked three on the bounce to bring the scores back near level. Saints messed up though, played too cautious in the last 3 mins and trying to hold posession rather than getting the clinching score when they had the oppertunity to do so. Freo with a good narrow win against the lions and Collingwood thrashing Port Adelaide.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fookin Hawks. Tipped Adelaide but changed my mind at the last minute. Had the Fockers to win though.

Heading off to Subi now for game and we're wearing our special edition 25th anniversary jumper (which I picked up a couple of weeks ago) -

111.jpg

• Advertisement

Great win for the Eagles Xavi, surprised because I figured North would be a big improver this year.

And what about Essendon :eek: Terrible for the Dogs, Eade will be gone if they don't pick up sharpish. Jobe Watson is the most underrated player in the league.

Hanley had a great game for Brisbane yesterday as well, they got rode by the umps in the end, didn't deserve to lose. Brown and Staker out now as well for a good while.

yay! Eagles got a win! lets hope for more. must make sure I check my fantasy / starting teams on a thursday though. 17 scoring players doesnt win games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Hanley had a great game for Brisbane yesterday as well, they got rode by the umps in the end, didn't deserve to lose. Brown and Staker out now as well for a good while.

Brisbane played well alright, but they're fitness level is questionable. Half the team was cramping up in the final quarter. Good win in the end by Freo though. One bad decision by the umps in the end that i could see, the tackle on Hill should have been paid alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Good win by the Blues to start the season. Tigers didn't offer a whole lot though once Chris Judd got going, just couldn't stop him! He'll be key to our success this season, gonna have to keep him fit

Advertisement