Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for beta testers for my new premier league trivia game!

Options
  • 24-03-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

hey folks, I just finished getting an app into the beta stage and would love your feedback. Its a premier league trivia app, where you play as one club over the course of the season against the rest of the league. In each match you need to answer two questions, one to score and one to stop the other team scoring.

This is my first game and the graphics are pretty trampy and i've only had a htc desire and samsung galaxy europa to properly test on.

I've put the app up here http://princesolutions.ie/premtrivia/beta.php - if you dont want to put in your email can you put in some identifier (like boards username) just so i can keep track of downloads (and bots) properly?

any feedback here or by pm would be amazing! thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Thats pretty cool man, slightly addicted !
    You should make a one pager website for it for sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Im brutal at football trivia but its a deadly app. Graphics are grand. Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

seanybiker wrote: »
    Im brutal at football trivia but its a deadly app. Graphics are grand. Good work.

Thanks, great to get some feedback :D

25 points haha. I'll give me brother a go when I see him next.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Good app. I wasnt always sure if i answered correctly or not. Maybe add in a right or wrong when you answer. I know you should know from the score but it goes very quick. Hope you understand what i mean.

I will have to get my mates to try it now and see if i can beat their score.

• Advertisement

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Good app. I wasnt always sure if i answered correctly or not. Maybe add in a right or wrong when you answer. I know you should know from the score but it goes very quick. Hope you understand what i mean.

I will have to get my mates to try it now and see if i can beat their score.

Thanks! Yeh I've heard that from a few people now, just wanted to make the game replayable! Looks like i may have to change that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Good app, looks well and works great

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Force closes on DHD with Gingerbread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mr E wrote: »

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just downloading now. Does it require an internet connection to play? (are you playing against someone or against the CPU?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Went through the whole "season" without any technical problems, thought they may have been one or two factual errors, but that could be my factual errors. Not trampy at all!

Feedback wise, maybe the option for a shorter game, I admit to starting to random guess near the end. Or having several questions for a single game, 4 or 5 chances a side, save, then play as and when, through a season.

Also after submitting the score, wasn't able to smoothly quit the game.

Probably copyright issues with photos relevant to teams playing but that would be a nice touch.

Played on SE U20i (on 2.1, forgot to say, sorry. Of course we aren't getting anything better than 2 point fuppin 1 anyway!)

Nice one.

Same

ok thanks, will do some more gingerbread testing, thanks!
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    Just downloading now. Does it require an internet connection to play? (are you playing against someone or against the CPU?)

Only needs an internet connection to submit a high score. You dont play against the computer as such but if you answer the first question correctly you 'score' and if you answer the second quesiton correctly you 'save' a shot.
    dooferoaks wrote: »
    Went through the whole "season" without any technical problems, thought they may have been one or two factual errors, but that could be my factual errors. Not trampy at all!

Feedback wise, maybe the option for a shorter game, I admit to starting to random guess near the end. Or having several questions for a single game, 4 or 5 chances a side, save, then play as and when, through a season.

Also after submitting the score, wasn't able to smoothly quit the game.

Probably copyright issues with photos relevant to teams playing but that would be a nice touch.

Played on SE U20i

Nice one.

yup I am investigating the copyright issues at the moment. I'll also have a look at how the game finishes. Any example of the factual errors, sourced from wiki so there could be outdate or just wrong information! I'll also look into those options you suggested!

Thanks for the feedback so far, it's great!!!

One thing I have noticed with it is the second question to save a shot. The fact that "Missed" comes up if you get it right throws me. I think "Saved!" would make it clearer.

Visually, it works. I didn''t notice any problems.

Sorry, just realised the username request part. I used Jack the first season I played through (score of 33). I'll try change it to Jackobyte now as you originally requested.

Just got a very poor question there. It was "Who did Man U beat in their record Premier League victory?" That is a very unspecific question can could have occcurred at any stage over the years. It also doesn't say what the record was for which seems important for the question. Was the match the highest scoring affair, most ill-disciplined, etc?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed with it is the second question to save a shot. The fact that "Missed" comes up if you get it right throws me. I think "Saved!" would make it clearer.

Visually, it works. I didn''t notice any problems.

Sorry, just realised the username request part. I used Jack the first season I played through (score of 33). I'll try change it to Jackobyte now as you originally requested.

Just got a very poor question there. It was "Who did Man U beat in their record Premier League victory?" That is a very unspecific question can could have occcurred at any stage over the years. It also doesn't say what the record was for which seems important for the question. Was the match the highest scoring affair, most ill-disciplined, etc?

dont worry about the username! thanks will look at that question.

is this happening on launch? cant recreate any crash with the 2.3 or 2.3.3 virtual devices :confused:

Desire HD with cyanogenmod 7 and no problems.

Questions are repeating in my second round with it for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Desire HD with stock Froyo, Force Close on launch everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Force close on launch with Desire running CoolHD v8.

right looks like i'm gonna have to get my hands on a desire hd. thanks again for all the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Forgive me for being technologically retarded but I can't even open it, what program do I use to open it?

MR NINE wrote: »
    Forgive me for being technologically retarded but I can't even open it, what program do I use to open it?

no worries, just navigate to the link on your android and it should download it. Once it's downloaded you can click on it to install it and that should be it!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Hanging for me after I submit the score - can't get out of the screen without doing force stop.
    Nexus 1 on 2.3.3

dougal wrote: »
    Hanging for me after I submit the score - can't get out of the screen without doing force stop.
    Nexus 1 on 2.3.3

cool have an update for that, should be available when i get home tonight!

thanks for the feedback!

i've updated the app with a few fixes, like the stuck on the high score screen! hopefully its a bit more stable for the desire users!

same link as in the op

put this in the store last night, hopefully i have all the bugs out now!

https://market.android.com/details?id=ie.princesolutions.premtrivia

will have a tablet friendly version up and running in the next week.

thanks for all the help again.

Advertisement