Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobh Traffic

Options
  • 24-03-2011 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

When I was trying to get off the island this morning all the the cars in front of me did a U turn, so I followed and all the traffic behind me followed me.

Really curious to know if there was a reason or were we all just following the leader like sheep :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you were really curious you would've driven on. Baa! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Where abouts on the Island was this hah :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Willlow

You make a good point dahamsta, it was Ballard Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I've lived in Cobh 8 years - where's Ballard's Hill? I'm ashamed to say, I still don't know half the areas on the "Great Island". There was a real delay trying to get home a few days ago, the traffic was backed up on the Cork/Midleton road turn off towards Cobh/Fota, I eventually discovered it was a heavy laden truck which delayed everyone. That's all it takes on those roads, one truck/tractor and we're stuck for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

There was a crash at the end of Ballard Hill so the garda were making ppl turn around. Inbound traffic had to turn right at Belvelly Bridge.

Judes - when you turn left after belvelly bridge and follow the road, the hill that you go up is Ballard Hill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement