Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV problem

Options
  • 23-03-2011 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys. i just joined boards.ie a few minutes ago because i want to make a CV but i never worked before and i read that the employer looks for previous jobs. :confused: .i am a currently studying computer science in DCU and i really need a job :( What do i write in that section. or do i just leave it out? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ticky Boo

Have you ever done any voluntary work or work experience?? Anything at all would help a prospective employer get to know more about you. You need to sell yourself well - don't get hung up on the section heading of previous work experience: change it to previous experience; and give details of any (unpaid) work exp or placements or voluntary work or social involvements - if you can apply it to the job you are going for...I know feck all about computer science sorry, but have you ever designed a website for friends or anything similar?? Projects at school / college - any awards or prizes won??? The main thing is to let the employer get a glimpse of who you are but you have to try to grab their attention in amongst everyone else out there at the moment. If you have nothing relevant to put in this section then maybe a couple of lines about what you feel you could bring to their company would do it??? Keep it short and sweet though and make sure that whatever you put on your CV - you can back up at interview!

I interview as part of my work with the organisation who I work for - if you want to PM me with some of your CV (leaving out your personal details) I would be happy to take a look and try and give you a steer.

By the way, I think you are in the wrong forum for your question as this forum relates to debating. I too am new to Boards so I get sidetracked (lost) quite easily! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cawk n bawllz

We all really need a job even those of us with plenty of work experience.
    Jobs are a rare and special thing in this country. Get your degree and get the hell out of here, kid.

Advertisement