Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800 pint glass

Options
  • 23-03-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

any ideas what to do with them
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm assuming you have 800 legally acquired pint glasses and wish to get rid of them?

Your local pub might buy them.

Or you could stick them up on adverts.ie or ebay.

If you're feeling generous you could donate them to your local student's union.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

An 800 pint glass ??

Jaysis that's one big glass. You must have a big glass cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

i'm just after starting as a pub manager and the glass are taking up too much space in the store room.
    they are now old style pint glasses of smithwicke's, bud, heiniken, bulmers.

i suppose they can be collected if anybidy wants them

or if anyone wants to recommend something inventive to do with them

Old style pint glasses are trickier to get rid of. Very few pubs will want them as they don't match the current advertising campaigns each brand is running and so could be damaging to profits.

One suggestion I'd have is to keep some of the older Heinekin glasses if they are like this one as girls prefer drinking out of them compared with the newer tall glasses(which are apparently too manly).
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKTntV8kcBHWk1R897LZygFD80_CP-egqz-E29BOCz4a_FG5mrXw

Recyling might be your best option.

Where are you based?

irish_goat wrote: »

Where are you based?

Carlow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

I would take them off your hands - Our local gaa club has a bar attached to it and they would be fussy whether there old style or not. Where abouts are you?

Send me a Pm if you like:)

tried pm'ing you but wont work for sum reason, if you pm me a phone number i can arrange for you to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd stick a sign up giving them out free to customers, if they took a few they might feel obliged to have a fair few drinks there, and the regulars would probably want them. Though 800 is a lot.
    Old style pint glasses are trickier to get rid of.
    I expect normal customers would prefer old style branded ones. For normal pubs it would be a pain having different types that do not stack/sort well.

rubadub wrote: »
    I expect normal customers would prefer old style branded ones.

Alot of the newer ones are nucleated at the bottom for better head retention though and that's what customers prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stick up ads on www.adverts.ie and donedeal.ie.
    Someone will want them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Or try Jumbletown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

just need them too and a few spare hours, get rid of the glasses no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

Have a promo where you buy a pint and keep the glass. It saves you having to wash and collect glasses when they're finished with!

Don't think the customers will want to keep a stack of dirty glasses on the table till they leave

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Frynge wrote: »
    Don't think the customers will want to keep a stack of dirty glasses on the table till they leave

If they are in good nick and you are handy to Dublin, I'll take the Heineken glasses from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Sell them for €1 each.

If they are in good nick and you are handy to Dublin, I'll take the Heineken glasses from you.

nope, i aint delivering them anywhere as right now they can stay where they are, although at some stage they will have to just go. probably dump.
    KJ wrote: »
    Sell them for €1 each.

would you like to buy 1

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Someone in a club or society or SU at Carlow IT might have a use for them

would you like to buy 1
    If I was in your pub, im sure I would pick up 1 or 2 from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Can you not just recycle them?

I was in a pub in Sligo the other day that hasn't opened in 7 years. The old Glass's were all lined up as they were when the doors closed. Weird. :rolleyes:

He said they bring them to the local enterprise recycling centre and simply dump them for free.

The pub wouldn't have paid a cent for them anyway, all supplied by the drink companies.

• Advertisement

if i was to bring them to the dump it would cost quite a bit as it would be considered a commercial product, if i threw them into the glass bit they would fill it and i'd have to pay for that too.

also found a box of kilkenny glasses in the middle of them all.

think i'll keep them though.

if i was to bring them to the dump it would cost quite a bit as it would be considered a commercial product, if i threw them into the glass bit they would fill it and i'd have to pay for that too.

Not if you bring them to a bottle bank.

all the cost of loading up the car several times and petrol to go 3ish miles each time would add up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Every idea a person comes up with you turn around and say this.and that. Just open the door and fu**k them out the door and pay only 1500 fine and that how you get 800 pint glasses out of your stock room. Or you can pay some poor dude to eat them. That be cool to Watch

You know Diageo are charging most of their customers 50c per glass.

Idea - Sell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

I guarantee if you offered free pint glasses out to your customers they would be all gone in a matter of a week. People like free stuff. And you can NEVER have enough pint glasses at home, no matter what style they are.

I have 100's of Erdinger glass's with the football dome on them. Very rare glass really. Some guy on Ebay is even selling them a €5 a pop. I could be rich(ish)!!!! I could be sacked as well.

Put them outside the door with a sign "Pint Glass's for Sale". They will be stolen fairly sharpish!

giving them to customers seems to be the easiest thing but its a slow way of getting rid of them. down to bout 600 left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

make one of these lol

beer_bottles_christmas_tree.jpg?w=500&h=328

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OP have you tried putting them up on Jumbletown?
    IT really is a great way to get rid of stuff and it would cost you nothing.

Advertisement