Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter circling Johnstown (Navan) last night???

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of any "incidents" in Johnstown last night?

Around 8:45pm last night I heard a helicopter flying very low outside my house. Went out to have a look and there it was, circling the area while shining a massive spotlight into all the gardens. A friend phoned the gardai to find out what was going on but all she was told is that " there was an incident earlier ". Got no more info than that.

Just wondering is anyone aware of this "incident" and what it may have been? Must have been something fairly serious if the garda helicopter was involved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

they didnt catch me i hid in the field beside quinn direct lay low until the copper n dogs gave up

no one will catch me

no one suspects the butterfly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Saw the chopper alright(who said pigs couldn't fly:eek:;)). Never herd of any incident tho??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

shut up all of ye and pay your tv licence or it will be you next!!! :D:D:D

YipYipU wrote: »
    A friend phoned the gardai to find out what was going on but all she was told is that " there was an incident earlier ". Got no more info than that.

In all fairness, thats going beyond the realms of nosiness!!!

They rang navan garda station to get the low down on what was happening?

JJJJJEEEEESSSSSUUUUUUSSSS! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Access wrote: »

Aw, come on - wouldn't you want to know too if you saw something bizarre like what is described in the OP??

It would scare the living daylights out of me to see a helicopter shining a spotlight on my garden - I feel I would have a right to know why!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

+1. Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Some bad guys attempted to rob a petrol station in Navan that night, according to a friend of mine. The perpetrators were chased and crashed the car they were travelling in, and fled towards the river, apparently. Have not had this confirmed by a secondary source, so won't be going *live* on Province 5 with the story just yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Thanks for that bit of info Stroke Politics. I wonder were they caught if this was the case.

Are you telling us that if a chopper was shining a spotlight into your back garden you would be at all curious to know the reason why? I doubt that very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I know what happened, Brian cowen was out on a boozer and got murdered... Can I get an Amen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Think this thread has gone as far as it can go. Closed!

• Advertisement

YipYipU wrote: »
    Are you telling us that if a chopper was shining a spotlight into your back garden you would be at all curious to know the reason why? I doubt that very much.

Ye rang the station to find out what was the story... that is beyond nosiness! that is bordering on crazy... could you not wait to see it in the meath echo or even find out from a neighbour the next day?

What if a caller was trying to get through to the station to inform the gardai that one of the robbers was in their house or yard and youre blocking the line to bug the already under resourced guards to find scandal and gossip so you can tell the neighbours all about it?

Does anyone else here think this is beyond crazy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement