Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asked when would I like to be married

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

not sure if this is an appropriate place for this thread or indeed the correct title!!!

A guy friend of mine asked me at the weekend when was I getting married - now they know I am not seeing anyone so just texted them back and said it was a personal question and they came back with I'll answer for you, when you find the right person.

I didn't reply back as really it is the correct answer but found it strange that this guy asked me the question in the first place, not really sure what I am looking for but it is a question men ask their female friends its a first for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sounds very odd :confused: Is there any particular context this exchange happened in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

To be honest it sounds like a clumsy attempt at flirting to me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Very clumsy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

I didn't answer him after he told he'd answer for me i.e when the right person came along. Then about half hour later got a text saying night.

Maybe it was clumsy attempt not sure as on Saturday he said that as he has just finished up in his job and was joking that he would put an ad up about being a male gigolo and then sent another one saying that as he was single he could do that.

Now to add we are in our late 20s / early 30s.

He likes you. We're not that hard to read, us blokes.

Do you like him?

• Advertisement

cheesey1 wrote: »
    I didn't answer him after he told he'd answer for me i.e when the right person came along. Then about half hour later got a text saying night.

Maybe it was clumsy attempt not sure as on Saturday he said that as he has just finished up in his job and was joking that he would put an ad up about being a male gigolo and then sent another one saying that as he was single he could do that.

Now to add we are in our late 20s / early 30s.

Yup - all clumsy attempts at flirting.

You have three options:
    a) allow yourself to be won over.....doesn't seem likely
    b) allow him to continue for the entertainment value.....do feel free to post cringeworthy attempts here for all our amusement
    c) ask him to stop sending weird text......if he needs a reason tell him its making you feel uncomfortable....thats far too close to discussing actual non-randy feeligns for him to try and argue

cantdecide wrote: »
    He likes you. We're not that hard to read, us blokes.

Do you like him?

This guy is!!! he doesn't tell his left arm what his right arm is doing!!

I use to like him but now not sure if I do other than as a friend.

Yup - all clumsy attempts at flirting.

b) allow him to continue for the entertainment value.....do feel free to post cringeworthy attempts here for all our amusement

Will do - I know I shouldn't use his stupidity to give others amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Will do - I know I shouldn't use his stupidity to give others amusement.

Oh don't do that! Poor guy :o

The next time he says something dodgy just say "if I didn't know better I'd say you were flirting with me" and see if he denies it. Then put him straight ;)

Malari wrote: »
    Oh don't do that! Poor guy :o

ah was kinda joking - but wish he'd just come out and say what he really wants to say if anything!!

• Advertisement

If you definitely don't like him, you'll have to be ready for him. Be firm but fair. It might be better to be upfront and nip it in the bud.

If maybe you might like him, help the poor fella out. He's clearly rubbish at flirting.

Exactly - he needs some training up all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

ah was kinda joking - but wish he'd just come out and say what he really wants to say if anything!!

Clearly he is attempting to test the waters, is not the easiest thing for him to come out and say when you are friends with him as friendship will probably be wrecked if not handled right

Just text him and say "My boards thread people say I should teach you how to flirt properly"

That'll sort thing sort things out quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Definitely a really bad attempt at flirting.

I advise you keep it up, and post them all here for our personal amusement.

Though it would be quite funny if he'd already seen this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This is not what tGC is for.Try The Ladies Lounge or Relationship Issues.Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement