Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage & percentage of salary

Options
  • 23-03-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I'm coming off interest only mortgage in September, a quick calculation based on current rates from my lender, 57% of my NET salary will be paying my mortgage per month from September onwards.

Just wondering percentage wise, no actual figures, how much people are paying? Thanks.

What percentage of your total salary do you pay in your mortgage? 32 votes

0-19%
    0% 0 votes
    20%-39%
    15% 5 votes
    40%-59%
    53% 17 votes
    60%-80%
    25% 8 votes
    80%+
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Roughly 21-22% (using gross salaries).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I would imagine that using your net salary would be a far more indicitive of the affordability of your mortgage payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I would imagine that using your net salary would be a far more indicitive of the affordability of your mortgage payment.

Absolutely. My calculation is based on net salary. I've updated my original post just to clarify anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

29% of net wage

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

my rent, not mortgage is 23%
    the car costs a fair bit more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Using net salaries it rises to 30%. That's for 2 properties btw.

Advertisement