Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WCW Returns to Video Game Action

Options
  • 23-03-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Smackdown vs Raw 2011 have announced the DLC Package 3 today - which features, wait for it - a fully playable WCW Monday Night Nitro Arena (which looks fantastic) and also features some classic WCW wrestlers attires. No word has been given on a release date but THQ has said this is coming "very soon"

Personally I'm delighted to see this classic WCW ring presented in such excellent graphics

wcw_nitro_dlc_3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This has been out for about 4 weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Yeah it's been out ages now.

When I read the title, I thought THQ had actually announced a WCW game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Wasn't it announced before Christmas that they were going to do a WCW arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This has been out for about 4 weeks....

The download package is out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Yeah On XBL and PSN. It's free If you downloaded fan axcess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The download package is out now?

Yup, but when your download is complete, turn off your system straight away without goin back into the game - there has been big problems with DLC in SvR2011, after you download, and go back into the game, all your Tag teams, supertsar threads and movesets will reset back to default.

Also, anyone try out the WWE All-Stars demo? Seems like it could be a bit of fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yup, but when your download is complete, turn off your system straight away without goin back into the game - there has been big problems with DLC in SvR2011, after you download, and go back into the game, all your Tag teams, supertsar threads and movesets will reset back to default.

Also, anyone try out the WWE All-Stars demo? Seems like it could be a bit of fun.

JAYSUS THAT'S IMPORTANT!! MAKE SURE TO READ THAT POST!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    JAYSUS THAT'S IMPORTANT!! MAKE SURE TO READ THAT POST!

Yeah major pain in the hole.......happend me with the first DLC pack, saw that everything was reset and went ballistic as i had put a lot of time into my Universe and stuff, went onto the SvR Community forums to find out it was happening everywhere.

I wanted to download it yesterday but the demo is reserved for those with Gold Membership only - which kinda sucks - but I've got the game on pre order

Apparently the roster is also going to be added to after the game is released, new wrestlers will be brought in as DLC (if and when) WWE allows their image to be used in one of it's games - I saw an interview with the lead developer and he said that WWE were OK with most names they asked for to start

I wanted to download it yesterday but the demo is reserved for those with Gold Membership only - which kinda sucks - but I've got the game on pre order

Apparently the roster is also going to be added to after the game is released, new wrestlers will be brought in as DLC (if and when) WWE allows their image to be used in one of it's games - I saw an interview with the lead developer and he said that WWE were OK with most names they asked for to start

I downloaded it yesterday and don't have gold membership, it's released for everyone.

To be honest, I wasnt really impressed with it, if youre looking for something similar to the SvR series, forget it. It's more of a button masher. In the demo you can pick Mysterio or Ultimate Warrior. I might rent the full game but i doubt theres enough lasting appeal for me to buy it

So far the DLC wrestlers are gonna be Dibiase Jr & Sr., Big bossman, Michael Hayes, Honky tonk man, road warriors and a couple of others i think.

• Advertisement

I downloaded it yesterday and don't have gold membership, it's released for everyone.

Must be just me but I'm told I can't download it due to the fact I don't have Gold Membership...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ha! Silly XBOX and it's memberships.

Didn't love the All-Stars demo meself, but it's probabaly worth a weeks rent at some stage. Controls were confusing to me, I'm just so used to the yearly games.

I didn't want to start a new thread for 1 question so I thought this would be the best place to post it.

I picked up Smackdown vs Raw 2011 today but I'm a bit confused about the dlc.

If I buy the "Fan Axxess" pack will this give me all the dlc to date (Nitro arena, British bulldog etc) or do I have to buy the packs separate?

And if you have the buy the packs separate what exactly does the "Fan Axxess" pack give you?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would be more epic if Jericho came out with his Even Flow rip-off song he had in WCW:

I didn't want to start a new thread for 1 question so I thought this would be the best place to post it.

If I buy the "Fan Axxess" pack will this give me all the dlc to date (Nitro arena, British bulldog etc) or do I have to buy the packs separate?

And if you have the buy the packs separate what exactly does the "Fan Axxess" pack give you?

Thanks

I found a good page about it below just in case anyone else was confused like myself.

http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/blog-post/fan-axxess-your-ticket-dlc

Thanks

Yeah Fan Axxess is like a pre payment for all the DLC packs. you still have to download all the DLC packs seperately, but once you have the Fan Axxess pack, they are already paid for! It only saves you about 5 quid at the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,037 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

www.wcw.com is back working again, ok it directs you to www.wwe.com/wcw but still a nice touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Seems pointless without an actual WCW roster.

Advertisement