Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooking up a surround sound system with my iomega drive.

Options
  • 23-03-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I bought a Tevion surround sound system in Aldi which has a usb port. I bought it so I would get surround sound for watching movies on my iomega drive but it wont recognise either my iomega or my standard hard drive when I plug them in. It recognises my mp3 player though. I have tried hooking up the iomega with the red/white/yellow cable to the back of the control box but no joy either. I have tons of movies and I dont fancy having to burn them to DVD everytime I want to get a decent sound. Can anyone help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

The usb on the tevion is likely just for mp3 players such as ipods. To connect a media player you need to use either coaxial(RCA)/optical(TOSLINK) for digital audio (S/PDIF) or dual phono(RCA) for analogue audio (the red and white cables).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 motherofdivine

Thanks Sink, I am not sure what any of that means but I will google those cables and see if they work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Does it recognize a USB key? Some surround sound units won't recognise big hard drives (They can't power them) or the file format used on them (NTFS)

What is the exact model of the Iomega drive?

Advertisement