Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serving dishes

Options
  • 23-03-2011 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get some nice serving dishes for individual portions? At the moment I am using my trusty ramekins to make individual cheesecakes but I would like something a bit nicer and novel. I am also on the hunt for some individual pie dishes ( perhaps oval shaped) and some novel ideas on serving suggestions if anyone can help. I am not sure where to source things like this but I have seen them in pubs and restaurants. They are for my own personal use for when I have guests over so I am not in the trade.

Any help would be much appreciated. Have tried kitchencompliments.ie who I shop from but they havent got much by way of serving dishes etc.

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Where are you based?
    I have round and oval white "pie" dishes that I got in a Eurosaver shop. €2 each. They also have them in my local euro shop- so you should try one of those stores. They're perfect for lasagnes and stuff. I freeze them and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Barkers in Wexford Town is a good spot for that sort of thing. But as you don't give your location I don't know if that suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lwhelan14

Many thanks for suggestions. I am in Dublin. Would shop online too for stores outside of Dublin.

Are the pie dishes from Euro shop small ones ? it's the small ones I'm looking for that maybe serve just one person .

Many thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

The round ones are about 6 inches wide and three inches deep. The oval one is about 7- 8 inches long, four inches wide and three inches deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The Kitchen Section in TK Maxx is always worth a look for nice individuals dishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I got a great selection of serving dishes in Musgrave's recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Nisbets.ie will do white china - look at eared dishes for oven to table shallow dishes. Nisbets sell to anyone, their quantities my be high - 8's or 12's, but the pricing makes it attractive and if your collecting crockery, 8's make a good dinner set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Ikea have a few pieces and Stock on St. King Street is pretty good for that type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

yeah the 2€ shop sells little oval porcelain pie dishes about 7 inches long. they have 2 sizes of ramekins too. and Living Island, a homeware shop on Talbot Street sells all that stuff for really cheap.

Advertisement