Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN 25/03 *RESULTS* - *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 23-03-2011 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings - 3/25/2011 in Columbus, Ohio:

Dark Match:

* Trent Baretta defeated Curt Hawkins

SmackDown, Airing March 25th:

* Booker T comes out to the announcer's table and gets a big pop while Michael Cole gets major heat.

* SmackDown begins with Teddy Long backstage telling Edge that if he or Alberto Del Rio fight before WrestleMania 27 then they will both be banned from the show. Christian tells Edge to stay away from the match tonight.

* Rey Mysterio defeats CM Punk by DQ in a WrestleMania Rewind match. Cody Rhodes came out and attacked Rey with a knee brace on.

* Edge tells Christian backstage that he will still be in his corner tonight.

* Edge defeats Drew McIntyre and spears him after the match.

* Layla and Michelle McCool beat Kelly Kelly and Rosa Mendes in a quick match. Layla had her hair done like Snooki and they were mocking her. Layla cut a promo on their WrestleMania opponents after the match.

* Wade Barrett beat Kofi Kingston to become the new IC Champion when The Corre interfered and caused Kofi to be distracted. After the match, Justin Gabriel hit Kofi with a 450 Splash.

* Teddy Long tells Alberto Del Rio backstage the same thing he told Edge earlier. It will be the person who initiates the physical contact that will be removed from the WrestleMania title match.

* The Undertaker came out and talked about his WrestleMania match with Triple H. Nothing special or new here. Taker says he can't wait to see Triple H on RAW.

* Jack Swagger beat R-Truth by submission and celebrated with Michael Cole after the match.

* Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio with the Killswitch. Del Rio taunted Edge, who was in Christian's corner. Edge acted like he was going to hit Del Rio with a chair. Christian ended up hitting Del Rio with the chair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow new IC champion Wade Barrett :eek: would have best to have this happen at Mania but maybe Mania will have the rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wow new IC champion Wade Barrett :eek: would have best to have this happen at Mania but maybe Mania will have the rematch

Wonder if this will have an impact on Bryan vs Sheamus. I would have had Sheamus go over at WM and retain.

If you have Barrett keep the IC title you could have a SD! feud between himself and Sheamus (post WM draft). Would be tool heels though.

You could also have Barrett vs Bryan to unify the titles, with the added NXT angles that could be brought in.

Of course they could keep the two titles separate completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just finding an excuse to add Kofi to the match with The Corre.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Christian beats del Rio two weeks running?

*clap clap WWE*

SlickRic wrote: »
    Christian beats del Rio two weeks running?

*clap clap WWE*

I wonder is this leading to Christian costing Edge the title at Mania thus turning heel perhaps

I'm glad there was some interaction between Cody and Rey this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I wonder is this leading to Christian costing Edge the title at Mania thus turning heel perhaps

I'm glad there was some interaction between Cody and Rey this week

Christian grows jealous of edge's achievements, cost's him the title, and as he's beaten del rio twice now, demands his own shot at the title, to which edge interferes, costs christian the title, and the feud continues into the summer.

Christian grows jealous of edge's achievements, cost's him the title, and as he's beaten del rio twice now, demands his own shot at the title, to which edge interferes, costs christian the title, and the feud continues into the summer.

Ending in a chair match at the TLC PPV :p could it last until December?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hope Vince reads this thread cause we just gave him even more material for a proper well overdue Christian vs Edge feud.Totally sickened Kofi lost the I.C. Title to Wade Barrett (who I just don't rate in the Ring).As someone said fair play for having Del Rio get beat twice before his title match at mania,wwe had Miz do the same before he became WWE Champ losing to the vastly technically superior Daniel Bryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Ending in a chair match at the TLC PPV :p could it last until December?

i'm sure it could, sure cena v orton seemed to go on for the whole of last year, i'm sure they could stretch it out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh. It's not that I mind Barrett winning the IC title. I just wish it wasn't another midcard title swicth with zero real build up. Have the two even interacted with each other in recent weeks?

• Advertisement

* The Undertaker came out and talked about his WrestleMania match with Triple H. Nothing special or new here. Taker says he can't wait to see Triple H on RAW.

This feud just keeps getting better and better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Christian beating Del Rio twice in a row? I just can't understand that to be honest. Christian has won two Smackdown main events in a row and doesn't even have a match at Wrestlemania?!

I think what they are building to is Christian interfering in the match at Mania, accidentally costing Edge the match, Edge turns heel and then they feud.

Wouldn't make sense for Christian to help Del Rio win at Mania, considering Del Rio had him injured for months.

* Wade Barrett beat Kofi Kingston to become the new IC Champion

Two weeks early, but Woo Woo Woo! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70742946&postcount=139

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So teddy told edge if he attacked del rio he would have been out of the WM match?!

I think Edge should have still attacked him.
    Teddy comes out to tell edge he is out of the match. Edge says fine, but then obviously del rio isnt his opponent anymore.
    Edge calls for christian to be his new opponent. Teddy says fine its a triple threat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

With Christian getting the big win over Del Rio twice now, it feels like WWE are going to make that WM title match a triple threat :) WOO CHRISTIAN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Good show I thought. Christian getting trusted to main event and go over the #1 contender two weeks in a row and McIntyre loving getting fed an injured Edge which was unfortunately ignored in the commentary.

Stupid summary misses out Barrett catching Kofi mid-Trouble In Paradise on his shoulders to hit Wasteland. I want to say it should have happened at WrestleMania but the card's stacked as is.

WM17 had eleven matches and it's my preferred WrestleMania but I think this year's Elimination Chamber should be the standard in terms of doing more with less (not in predictability...) rather than WM26's string of short matches.
    Maybe Barrett and Sheamus could double up to defend their titles against Kingston and Bryan in a gimmick'd tag match. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

D'ya think Christian will end up making the WHC match a triple threat? :pac:

Otherwise what's the point of the booking! Unless Christian's the next in line for a WHC feud with ADR :eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    D'ya think Christian will end up making the WHC match a triple threat? :pac:

Otherwise what's the point of the booking! Unless Christian's the next in line for a WHC feud with ADR :eek::cool:

At this point I'd prefer it if it was triple threat. Think I said it in the WM27 thread (the proper one) that Edge isn't particularly threatened by Del Rio in my view. Like his fued with Kane. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cody is doing well out of the feud with Rey.

I'm not into the Core v Kane and Show at all. But the way Wade caught Kofi was pretty cool.

Ridley wrote: »
    At this point I'd prefer it if it was triple threat. Think I said it in the WM27 thread (the proper one) that Edge isn't particularly threatened by Del Rio in my view. Like his fued with Kane. ;)

Christian's feud with Del Rio is far better than Edge's feud with Del Rio imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i'm sure it could, sure cena v orton seemed to go on for the whole of last year, i'm sure they could stretch it out.

speaking of orton why wasnt he on sd to attack punk and help build up their feud :rolleyes:

i am liking rey and cody's feud

• Advertisement
Advertisement