Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would make THE BEST Christmas for you?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

The BEST for me would have to include my grandparents who now have unfortunetly passed away :(

I remember one year they brought AN UNREAL AMOUNT OF PRESENTS!! (It was more than i had ever seen in my life)

Also having christmas music on FROM THAT TIME and earlier..... (I dont like very much of the christmas music today,its all a joke it seems and has no taste)

My favourites are Johnny Mathis (Actually he IS my all time fav christmas singer (All others just seem to suck)) And im talking older christmas stuff from him.... (80s and earlier)

Another thing would be having those BEAUTIFUL BIG COLOURED LIGHTS ON THE TREE LIKE WE DID IN THE 70s and 80s!!!

Now my mom/dad use all tiny white lights (They like them better for some reason) AND ITS DISGUSTING... I dont think much of christmas anymore.. (Not just due to that but anyway)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Snow
    Family all together
    Big turkey
    A real tree not a fake one
    Lots of presents to give
    Lots of presents to receive
    Having drinks together on Christmas day
    Wearing my pj's the whole time and watching movie after movie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Got my wish this year. White Christmas Baby!!

5287048686_dfd01d80d1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Having a xmas like i had in 07,08,09 and 10 now that were very perfect xmassy xmasses and will stay in my head forever.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Calibos wrote: »

Perfect picture with the snow outside! Looks so warm and cosy! I feel a song coming on....."oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go.........LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!":D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I have it every year with my husband and children always with me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll be hated for this:
    Not being a white Christmas.. or at the very least it snowing on December 25th but not sticking! (I hate snow, it's COLD and disrupts travel and stops people being able to make it home for Christmas.)

What would be great for Christmas 2011 though, would be not to be sick in bed all day, like Christmas 2010. Looking forward to Christmas since before July, only to spend Christmas eve/day/Stephens day and most of the following week in bed, nauseous, dizzy with a high temperature and a bad 'flu was HORRIBLE. :(
    (Maybe that's why I don't like White Christmases now, damn 'flu ruined it for me!)

Roll on Christmas.. and the flu jab! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Posy wrote: »
    I'll be hated for this:
    Not being a white Christmas.. or at the very least it snowing on December 25th but not sticking! (I hate snow, it's COLD and disrupts travel and stops people being able to make it home for Christmas.)

:( I am a complete snow lover. Was just looking at my snow photos from the last 2 years and missing it so much.
    But I know what you mean when it's disruptive. Although I found last winter people were complaining less because they were better able to deal with it (crampons, gritting, etc.)
    What would be great for Christmas 2011 though, would be not to be sick in bed all day, like Christmas 2010. Looking forward to Christmas since before July, only to spend Christmas eve/day/Stephens day and most of the following week in bed, nauseous, dizzy with a high temperature and a bad 'flu was HORRIBLE. :(
    (Maybe that's why I don't like White Christmases now, damn 'flu ruined it for me!)

Roll on Christmas.. and the flu jab! :D

Poor Posy! I felt for you the time when you replied saying you didn't enjoy last Christmas. Definitely get your flu jab this year and stock up on lots of preventative medicines. Some people swear by echinacea. (Never tried it.)
    Whenever I feel something coming on I up my vitamins and sometimes take a nurofen or something like that. Don't really like taking pills but better safe than sorry. Berocca is also great.

For me, Christmas is about spending time with people I love. This year I have a new niece and nephew and hope to be able to spend it with both of them this Christmas. I am really looking forward to having children in the family again. Although I am a big kid, there's nothing like real kids to keep the magic going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Well last christmas was fairly special, what with the snow an all!

However, i have a new son/daughter coming in about 5 days time and i have been looking around for a Santa Suit to wear next christmas! Big kid? Yeah, guilty, but i love it!! :D :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

NOT being away from home this year!

All siblings present, roaring log fire, non-stop xmas music, enough food to make getting off the couch feel like competitive sport, and lots and lots of silly presents to give and get.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Kind of a bitter sweet xmas for me this year.
    On the up side, we are expecting our first baby in mid November, so it will be here for xmas. I think it will be really cosy to have the new baby with us at Christmas time :)
    On the downside, we live abroad, and I will not be travelling home for xmas, so we will have to try to make the best of it here :(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I'll feel good on xmas day while many feel like a bucket of s***e on a cold stove curing themselves.I'll be sober and not the least bit envious of anybody.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't understand anyone who drinks so much on Christmas eve that they have a hangover on Christmas day. :confused:

(Hangovers are what Stephen's day is for!) ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

We gonna have a realistic Xmas this year ....we're moving out to stay in the Byre.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

My baby is due on the 23rd December, so to have him born and be at home with my husband and our other son (who will be 2 in Jan) would just make the perfect Christmas for me. Here's hoping! :pac:

Cottontail wrote: »
    My baby is due on the 23rd December, so to have him born and be at home with my husband and our other son (who will be 2 in Jan) would just make the perfect Christmas for me. Here's hoping! :pac:

Thats a lovely Xmas present you're getting!

Congrats and good luck Cottontail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Thanks! Pity I'll have to put so much work into getting my own present though! :D

Cottontail wrote: »
    Thanks! Pity I'll have to put so much work into getting my own present though! :D

The things most worth having are the hardest to get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 herrys

woooowww......... beautiful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I know it's impossible but i'd like to go back in time to a Christmas Day when my Grandad was still with us. Our family, as in the whole extended family, used to all come together on Christmas morning in my Grandparents house after mass, the place used to be so packed with Adults, children and toys you couldn't move. The air was thick with smoke from all the aunties and uncles puffing away and the fire in the sitting room and the kitchen would be lit so the place would be sweltering but we were all together and it was always the happiest Christmas memory I'll ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

shuffles88 wrote: »
    I know it's impossible but i'd like to go back in time to a Christmas Day when my Grandad was still with us. Our family, as in the whole extended family, used to all come together on Christmas morning in my Grandparents house after mass, the place used to be so packed with Adults, children and toys you couldn't move. The air was thick with smoke from all the aunties and uncles puffing away and the fire in the sitting room and the kitchen would be lit so the place would be sweltering but we were all together and it was always the happiest Christmas memory I'll ever have.

Aw that's a really lovely memory shuffles. Grandparents are great and it's lovely to have such a full house.

My best memories are when I was younger and the run up to Christmas, waiting on Santa, visiting him in his grotto, my Auntie bringing me to the toyshop to look at toys I wanted for Christmas, seeing the massive lights on trees in the street, singing carols down town with our class.
    Brilliant stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Awe Shuffles, thats just adorable! got me thinking as to how much I'd love to have my Dad around for christmas.. It's just not the same without your nearest and dearest.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looks Great

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

All I want for Christmas is for my husband to tell me the real reason why he left me and our 2 year daughter 3 months ago.

We were together for 15 years and I thought we were happy.

But even though I am really sad, I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make this a super Christmas for my little Lady:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

All I want for Christmas is for my husband to tell me the real reason why he left me and our 2 year daughter 3 months ago.

We were together for 15 years and I thought we were happy.

But even though I am really sad, I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make this a super Christmas for my little Lady:)

hatetherain, I'm sorry to hear that . . . but whatever his reasons were, I'm so pleased that you're determined to get on with the season and keep your daughter happy :) I hope you both have a wonderful time!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

elbee wrote: »
    hatetherain, I'm sorry to hear that . . . but whatever his reasons were, I'm so pleased that you're determined to get on with the season and keep your daughter happy :) I hope you both have a wonderful time!

Thanks Elbee, that's really nice of you to say:) Strange as it may seem, you've actually given me a little bit more determination.

Ive bought her Santa present already all I need to do now is put it together....fingers crossed! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

This year I am going all out to make it a amazing Christmas but my dream Christmas would be to spend it with my husband and our baby, after losing so many babies over the yeas it's a bit of a unlightly dream but who knows, Christmas is magic and maybe Christmas 2012 will be the year Santa delivers the present of a life time and the one of our dreams.

In the mean time, good food, good company and a beautiful tree will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

This will be my first Christmas away so not looking forward to it that much. But on the upside I get to buy loads of tacky decorations!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I'm looking forward Xmas, as my Mum will be with us, and I invited a lot of people for Xmas Eve and Xmas dinner.
    The best gift I could get is to find out that I'm pregnant (we are trying).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I would like no snow, as we will be moving house then. I'd also like our 8 week old to be able to sleep through the night by then, so I can move out of the spare room, and back in with mrs beery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Snow!

Hopefully to see some of my family members who I haven't seen in a few years! Some of them might be visiting this year, or we might be visiting them, so hopefully it'll all go ahead, it'd be brilliant. :)

My mam and her sister have become good friends again this year after not talking in over 3 years, so we'll be joining them some time over Christmas too, which is excellent because I missed my cousins! :D

Lots and lots of Christmas movies! They have to be the best movies ever, so cheerful.. :)

A perfect dinner on Christmas day! Always is the best meal of the year!

One thing I'd love to have is a big family dinner, with lots of family members! But that'd never happen because I've no grandparents and all my aunts and uncles live ages away/have their own families so we rarely see any of them! It majorly sucks but hopefully when I'm older I can fulfil that wish.. :)

Oooh I forgot to say getting a present! I haven't got one in a few years due to financial shizz, but here's hoping for one this year!

Advertisement