Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos 15 Vision malfunction

Options
  • 22-03-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi, all,

A colleage today asked me to look at his (newly purchased, or maybe just newly unboxed) Archos 15 Vision.

He went to put some music on it, and somehow corrupted the whole file system, it seems.

I can plug it into my PC, and it's recognised as a disk, but the various folders are all reportedly corrupted, and can't be accessed.

Attempting to play a file off the player, I get an error message: file format not supported (it's MP3).

Ran chkdsk, but apparently there isn't enough space on the disk to do anything about recovery.

I wanted to see about updated firmware, but I'm buggered if I can find this player in the list on the Archos site (I don't see it under Downloads).

Anyone any ideas? Can't Rockbox it.

Of course, I have no idea when, where or how my colleague purchased this thing.

Advertisement