Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I know there is a big 3DS thread but that is more about the hardware. If these needs to be merged though thats fine. I've ordered a 3DS myself even though the launch lineup leaves me cold. But Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D is out on 1st April so that isn't too long to wait.

I really like 2D platformers and this is what this game looks to be. I know it says 3D in the title but it is a traditional 2D platformer with 3D elements. There isn't much information out there on the game but the trailer looks good. I'm hoping that reviews will be good, if so will likely be the first game I buy for the system.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I picked this game up today. It is the first game I've bought without doing at least some research into whether or not it is supposed to be good since the Mega Drive days. Think I'll go back to being prepared before buying a game.

It isn't awful by any means, it is just very bland. It is a side-scrolling platformer but so far the level design has been uninspired. There has been very few enemies to avoid and thus far if you miss any jumps it hasn't resulted in a death. I'm still on the first world so maybe that will change. Ubisoft have tried to add some extra value by giving you two extra modes to tackle each level once you've completed the level the first time. I think the controls could be a little tighter but maybe that is just me getting used to the analogue pad.

The 3D is quite good in the game but limited in scope. Having it on adds great depth to the background of the levels but isn't used much elsewhere. Even though I've only had it since lunch time I'm considering trading it in next week while the trade in value is still fairly high.

But considering the rest of the 3DS lineup what would I replace it with?

Advertisement