Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Makeup From eBay

Options
  • 22-03-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering what have your experiences been like buying makeup off ebay?
    I would be interested in getting an 88palette, Coastal Scents charge a lot for shipping to Ireland, has anyone tried Fraulein or Manly or any of the other palettes. I would also like some brushes. There are some brush rolls, i would like to try one but not if the brushes arent soft or are really bad quality. I would also like a Blush palette, but the ones ive seen either have like 28 colours(too much)or 6 and they dont look like good colours.

Also, has anyone had to pay customs? Im really interested to hear about your experiences. I want to get some of these for my birthday, but dont wamt to waste my parent's money.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hi I have a manly pallette, loads of colours (120) but they have no staying power at all, i only use them when i'm doing kids make up ( ok that sounds weird ha when i'm face painting i use make aswel) I bought a brush roll aswel ( a fake mac one) they're all fake as Mac don't do brush rolls but again i use this mainly for face painting, the brushes are actually pretty good quality and wash well,

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Also i've bought a good few things from ebay and never had to pay customs or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Stay away from the 32 MAC brush rolls! They are fake!

Things I always look out for is the feedback and I only buy off a Top Seller, I haven't been tricked into buying anything fake yet so I must be doing something right. Look through their feedback and check for people saying FAKE or DIDN'T DELIVER.

There's only one person I trust for MAC stuff and that's only because she's a friend of my cousins from America. I wouldn't bother buying MAC of ebay other than that.

By the way make sure you read the description! I know several people who have went in head first thinking they've got a deal and they end up forgetting about P&P. One of my friend bought some nailvarnishes (O.P.I) and ended up paying full price and they were only 4ml. I warned her but she didn't listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I would avoid mac and avoid any seller who has tons of it in their shop. I dont buy so much from ebay now but I used to love getting the smashbox sets they sell in Sephora and Ulta in the USA for cheap - just keep your head about you and you should be ok. If it looks too good to be true avoid!

Advertisement