Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer/ Playstation games

Options
  • 22-03-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

So what cricket games is everyone playing?
    Free or expensive, good or bad, playstation or computer, disk game or on a website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

BOHtox wrote: »
    So what cricket games is everyone playing?
    Free or expensive, good or bad, playstation or computer, disk game or on a website.

Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 on PS2 until my PS2 broke.

They really should release a top cricket title game for the PS3 and XBOX 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

http://www.childishthings.com/
    this game is okay, not too sure if it's worth downloading but they give you a two day trial to see if you like it
    http://www.cricketcoachgame.com/
    This is a game that also gives you a 2 day free trial. I will download it as soon as I have two consecutive free days so I can check it out properly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 on PS2 until my PS2 broke.

They really should release a top cricket title game for the PS3 and XBOX 360.

I'm surprised they didn't release one to tie in with the world cup or the Ashes. I have the old 2009 Ashes 'Brian Lara', 2 player 20/20 co-operative batting is great fun, always leads to some terrible run outs and collapses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

International Cricket 2010 is very good but I had to edit the Irish team to their proper names, apart from that it's a very good game,

and as someone else mentioned International Cricket Captain is very good, I like the management side of things but then there is no Ireland to control in the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brian Lara on the PS1 is still one of the best, disappointingly. Had great hopes for a Cricket game on Wii, but not as good as it could have been. Could do with another version with motion plus or one for Kinect/Move.

The all time favourite has to be International Cricket for the Spectrum 48k, which was free with Your Sinclair magazine. Absolutely loved that game, still play it from time to time, worth having a play on an emulator or whatever, or even a real Spectrum if you are as nerdy as me.

Link to the greatest Cricket game of all time?

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Brian Lara on the PS1 is still one of the best, disappointingly. Had great hopes for a Cricket game on Wii, but not as good as it could have been. Could do with another version with motion plus or one for Kinect/Move.

The all time favourite has to be International Cricket for the Spectrum 48k, which was free with Your Sinclair magazine. Absolutely loved that game, still play it from time to time, worth having a play on an emulator or whatever, or even a real Spectrum if you are as nerdy as me.

Link to the greatest Cricket game of all time?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask, what is a Spectrum? :D

Anyone still play Stick Cricket? I used to enjoy that, even though it was just about hitting as many 6s as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask, what is a Spectrum? :D

Shame on you (?) young man. :P

zxspectrum48k.jpg

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Shame on you (?) young man. :P

zxspectrum48k.jpg

Technology sure has come a long,long way :D

Playing games with 8 bit machines is pretty amazing to think about for young people like me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Looks like a forerunner to Graham Gooch/Allan Border on the C64. Ah all those Ashes clashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

theres one on iphone which is actually good

similar to cricket revolution, which btw i think is crap on the PC, a variation is alaso available to play on the official ICC website, not sure how its working via browser, pretty impressive

anyway i hear ASHES 2010? OR 2009 is best? or cud be internation cricket?

havent played a good cricket game since Brian Lara on sega mega drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

another vote for brian lara on the megadrive, what's that you say? a link to it....... well okay
    http://www.thesmartass.info/play/genesis/18723/Brian+Lara+Cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Are they ever going to release a title on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Cricket 2004 by EA was the last series i played with interest. Then Cricket 07 was ok, played to finish the Ashes scenarios. Other than that Cricket games are always disappointing. Brain Lara cricket was the best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

2 thumbs up to this thead.

dusted off my old PS2 and Brian Lara 2007 there for the first time in years after reading this.

as true to form ive got ireland into the WC super 8's Morgan is dominating :D:D:D

Does anyone know a shop, in Dublin south or inner city, that sell International cricket captain? I know one can download it but I'd prefer to buy it in disk form.

Bought it off Amazon, quite cheap. I think it was €6.99 with no delivery charge (for 2009) it's £10 for 2009 on Childish things' website so my advice would be...........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

BOHtox wrote: »
    Bought it off Amazon, quite cheap. I think it was Š6.99 with no delivery charge (for 2009) it's £10 for 2009 on Childish things' website so my advice would be...........

I downloaded the 2 day trial from the website. Its an enjoyable game i have to say. Annoying you can't be Ireland though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My fave right now is Cricket Coach 2010 on the pc, its like football manager but for cricket, with a little bit more control in terms of you can pick ball by ball how aggressive to be with bat and ball, field placings etc... it is excellent and ridiculously addictive, im in 2022 after about 3 weeks

Advertisement