Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpand doesn't seem to be in Pro Tools?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

On any of my sessions in Pro Tools 8 LE I can't find the Xpand plug-in on any channel strip? I tried setting up a Midi track and it's not there either? This could be a stupid question but I'm not too used to using Midi. Does a controller have to be connected for it to show up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

You should find it in the instruments folder.

Open a new stereo instrument track and select xpand from the instruments folder.

If you're still in trouble & want to see if xpand is installed, go to your applications folder, click on digidesign folder, then click on the pro tools folder and then plug-ins alias. You should find a xpand.dpm file there.

If not, install xpand from your original pro tools installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I don't seem to have Xpand.dpm anywhere? I have Xpand2.big but no sign of the .dpm anywhere not even on the installer disc? Confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Can you tell us what OS you're on?
    Are you certain it's a stereo track that you've created? I think xpand! is a stereo plug, though I may be wrong on that.
    Are any of the other plugs showing up? Mini Grand, Boom etc.

I'm using Mac OS X and yes I've definitely created a stereo instrument track. No sign of Mini Grand either. Doesn't even seem to be on the installation disc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

You can download it from avids website. or here
    http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downloads.php/id/3780/software/Xpand/

• Advertisement

Ok so I downloaded it and put it to my Plug In alias folder but when I start Pro Tools it's says Xpand isn't authorised. This is really annoying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

eh its free with pro tools so you shouldn't have any authorization problems...
    has it always been like this? is it a legit pro tools?

It's a legit version of Pro Tools 8 LE. I've downloaded it again from Avid and I'll fire it up later and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Phone them up, they're in Dublin.

Rang them no help at all. Xpand is now there but it's got that horrible yellow thing going on which apparently is quite common. Everywhere I read that you just need to update the plug-in to get rid of this but I thought I had downloaded the latest version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Mongo wrote: »
    Rang them no help at all. Xpand is now there but it's got that horrible yellow thing going on which apparently is quite common. Everywhere I read that you just need to update the plug-in to get rid of this but I thought I had downloaded the latest version.

I'm pretty sure that it's PTLE itself that you need to update to solve the yellow screen thing.
    I'm v8.04 on Mac OSx 10.6.5 and it doesn't happen.
    What version are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Mongo wrote: »
    that horrible yellow thing going on which apparently is quite common.
    ONLY if your OS and LE version numbers are not compatible. Check the DUC. And clearly phoning them was of some help...

Advertisement