Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Disturbing* Soccer player seizure

Options
  • 22-03-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Although the video says he died I googled him and found that he was back playing the very next game!
    Abdulrahman Al-Shoaibi, (ar.: عبدالرحمن ناصر الشعيبي), (born December 10, 1980 in Saudi Arabia), also known as Abdul rahman Al Shoaibi is a former Saudi Arabian footballer. In a match between Al-Raed and Hajer Al Shaibi on October 20, 2005, Abdulrahman collapsed after a kick to the neck and had a dramatic seizure. He was removed from the game and immediately taken to hospital. Contrary to rumours of his death, or being taken by the angel of death, he was fit to play in the next game for Hajer against Dhamk. In fact, he is still alive and playing today in Tunisia or the United Arab Emirates.Still to this day people continue to label videos of the incident 'taken away by the angel of death' on You tube. Though sources claim he had an additional seizure in his hotel room, these sources are unconfirmed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

This was out an awful long time ago dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

That is some scary stuff... Glad he was okay. So simple, such a small thing like a hit in the wrong place can be fatal.

Anthony Van Loo is a young Belgian defender, who last played for SV Roeselare in the Jupiler League.
    Around June 2008 he was diagnosed with a heart condition, possibly hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, but was allowed to resume his career after having a defibrillator implanted in him.[1]
    In 2007 he was called up to the U-23 International Challenge Trophy Squad.
    A video clip showing Van Loo's defibrillator at work, shocking his heart back into a normal rhythm after he had suffered a cardiac arrhythmia during a match, was posted to YouTube on 8 June 2009.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

People having seizures is not funny or cool and should not be trivialised in any way....Not mad at OP or anything and saying that that's what your doing, not part of the PC Brigade, the video is unusual and people will always be interested in the unusual, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm sorry, but that is fricking awesome! Proper bionic man stuff. The kind of thing you'd see in an eighties sci-fi series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Yeah, it's actually epic.

Good stuff. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah the second one is pretty amazing and truly breath taking that this kind of technology exists.

Maybe we should all be fitted with one of these!

I feel a litle awkward watching people go into shock / near death experiences, and I'm going to say goodbye to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Oh yeah, I remember that. They had to put him in goals for the second half :pac:

Advertisement