Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Moved to Shooting from Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Get yourself a BIG cardboard box. Cover the big side with white paper. Draw a little cross on the centre of the paper. Put the box 75yards or 50 yards (whichever) away and make sure there is a safe stop behind. If you can get a good rifle rest that will clamp the gun in, get one.
    Fix the gun in the vice and aim at the cross. Shoot. repeat x 3 to get your grouping ALWAYS aiming at the cross. (you could just shoot one bullet and continue but your better off shooting a small group)
    now aim at the cross again and move your crosshairs to meet the centre of your group.
    DONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gammo whisper

Cheers will give that a go see how it works out thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Get yourself a BIG cardboard box. Cover the big side with white paper. Draw a little cross on the centre of the paper. Put the box 75yards or 50 yards (whichever) away and make sure there is a safe stop behind. If you can get a good rifle rest that will clamp the gun in, get one.
    Fix the gun in the vice and aim at the cross. Shoot. repeat x 3 to get your grouping ALWAYS aiming at the cross. (you could just shoot one bullet and continue but your better off shooting a small group)
    now aim at the cross again and move your crosshairs to meet the centre of your group.
    DONE.

good advice there. 50 yards might be too far for an air rifle to zero at.

Using rocket pellets it's breaking bottles at 45 yards easy should I try it at a closer range first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Using rocket pellets it's breaking bottles at 45 yards easy should I try it at a closer range first

It depends what distance you expect to shoot your vermin at I guess, I wouldn't know a lot about air rifles so I dont know if the pellet has a flat trajectory or not.

Breakina bottle and zeroing are two totally different things.

I know but was just saying what sort of range was on it

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

If the rifle isn't hitting the target at the 50m mark bring the target in to about 20m and get it on from there. When it's hitting mark start moving it back to the range you want it zeroed from eg 50m. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

DO NOT clamp a spring powered air rifle while zeroing, it will wreck the scope and not get a zero... it must be allowed to recoil as it goes through its firing cycle.. rest it on a few pillows instead!! unless of course you are using a pcp air rifle. but im geussing by your username.. not! ;)

Thanks for the tips will try them see how I go been away so have not got a chance to try anything yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement